Bee suit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I m posting this to highlight that there are sometimes cheaper ways to go about things. I saw on social media an advert for a ventilated bee suit from a company in Pakistan for £40. Initially, I thought it was a typo but some ten days later from making the order I haver a rather nice three layer well made suit with two hive tool pockets two breast pockets and two normal ones. The only issue is they advised a double xl and it's really a bit big but it felt lovely last Wednesday at 28C here to feel the air moving through the material. I will happily give out the addy if wanted.

PH

Attachments

• IMG_20210911_154657.jpg
    IMG_20210911_154657.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 127
Does the Bombay basher come with it as well ? Looks like it needs something to keep the mesh away from your face ... otherwise looks quite well made fot that price.

In earnest no as the day I tried it being so hot (28C) the girls were very well behaved. Whether it is sting proof remains to be seen. I wear a circular helmet under any veil as I hate my nose and ears catching it. But for the price?

Dani can I put the link to the website up or just via pm?

PH

In earnest no as the day I tried it being so hot (28C) the girls were very well behaved. Whether it is sting proof remains to be seen. I wear a circular helmet under any veil as I hate my nose and ears catching it. But for the price?

Dani can I put the link to the website up or just via pm?

PH
Put it up here unless it’s your company 😉

Or you could offer to test drive?
Give the chap a break. He’s passing on the recommendation
I'm only having a laugh! That said, I'd be happy to test drive, must be better than my current suit!

To be honest I'm more likely to go with a Swienty Breeze as I just want to feel confident in my suit.

I must admit there have been times in the heat I’d have loved an airy suit. I can’t imagine how commercial keepers manage.

Well, it never rains but it pours. My apiary landowner died unexpectedly last night at a mere 46 and my joiner has just informed me that he is now covid positive and he was here on Friday so off for a test we go.

The only issue is they advised a double xl and it's really a bit big but it felt lovely last Wednesday at 28C here to feel the air moving through the material. I will happily give out the addy if wanted.

PH
I'm considering having a punt myself with this suit. Can I ask:
  • what is the clearance space like between nose and mesh veil? Is it bad and hence why you are wearing a hat in the picture?
  • the double XL looks pretty good to me - how tall are you?
Many thanks.

I'm 6 feet and I started using a circular bee hat some years ago to stop the wind pressing the veil against my face as I hate being stung there. The company will happily email you a size guide and also discuss any particular requirements.

PH

what is the clearance space like between nose and mesh veil? Is it bad and hence why you are wearing a hat in the picture?
There was a discussion on this forum titled "First sting of the year", in which I contributed response #39 on Dec 4th 2020. If you use the forum "search" function for that discussion thread, I hope that you may find that entry helpful.

Latest posts

Back