Bee Saviour Card

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandeville

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
£4.00 for three drops of sugar water! Someone's laughing all the way to the bank.

saviourbees.co.uk

Seems to be a crazy idea but they've raised £19.5k through crowd funding. Looks like a lot of people like it

"Now bees like humans shouldn’t live on sugar, but a tiny drop of sugar solution if there are no flowers around is okay to revive an exhausted bee and see it on its way. Our sugar solution carrier will fit neatly in your wallet, purse or pocket so that you can revive an exhausted bee when out and about."

I liked this bit from the guys page, clearly bees should not be fed to much sugar...lol....ive got to say that more than once ive fed a big fat queen bumble with a little sugar syrup. But seriously!!!!!! next we will have a flow in hive with drinking fountain for the bees

"Now bees like humans shouldn’t live on sugar, but a tiny drop of sugar solution if there are no flowers around is okay to revive an exhausted bee and see it on its way. Our sugar solution carrier will fit neatly in your wallet, purse or pocket so that you can revive an exhausted bee when out and about."

I liked this bit from the guys page, clearly bees should not be fed to much sugar...lol....ive got to say that more than once ive fed a big fat queen bumble with a little sugar syrup. But seriously!!!!!! next we will have a flow in hive with drinking fountain for the bees

I've had to educate the public who put out shop bought honey for the bees.

It’s like flogging a dead horse and paying for the privilege. Around a 1000 bees from an average colony die each and every day some killed, some just old and worn out. Foraging bees continue foraging until they are worn out - then they die.

But, there are some out there who like trying to revive a likely lost cause and are willing to spend a huge amount of their dosh doing it - or are so thick that they haven’t a clue!

Latest posts

Back