Bee problems

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And they are even spraying the almonds while the beekeepers are working the hives,read in another place it even makes the beekeepers ill,Mmmm, wonder why.

Surely the price for pollination must keep going up each year and something will have to give in the end ?
Maybe a few years hand pollinating Almond trees might put things into perspective.

Darren.

Naah, Syngenta will step in with their "GM Bumbles" that are impervious to insecticides, and that have a terminator gene so they have to buy a new lot every year.....

No mention of bumble bee's,but i did read something in another place today that hinted that for many crops there would be no need of any pollinating insects,that were currently reliant on them...GMO.

so they can use even MORE chemicals, and hurtle us ever faster towards ecological armageddon.........

Lots of OSR being grown already Hivemaker.
Remember we had a couple of members last year that got no harvest from the rape as this new stuff does not secret(spelling) nector and is wind pollinated.

Lots of OSR being grown already Hivemaker.
Remember we had a couple of members last year that got no harvest from the rape as this new stuff does not secret(spelling) nector and is wind pollinated.

Yes,i remember,but from what i understand, it appeared they had a lot more than just rape in mind for the future. I believe all rape is mainly wind pollinated anyway.

Last edited:
You are again quite near to World End

Look at US beekeepers' combs. Why they are so black?

they have heard of Intergrated Pest Management and will have nothing
to do with it

Latest posts

Back