bee poo

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lois

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 colonies now! and some spare parts.
I work next to a large apiary and my car is often/always covered in bee poo, my question is, how do I clean the bloomin stuff off, it sticks like the proverbial **** ;)to a blanket!

well from the fact that i use soda crystals to shift it from clothing, presume it may work if mixed up with water?? dont think there is any abrasive stuff in it?? other option is have you ever considered walking to work??:coolgleamA:

Really? Do they make that much mess with their poo?

Reminds me of a time before I retired .
Working at an aircraft establishment I witnessed a funny incident .
People were complaining of having their cars covered in what they thought was (self primer) a priming paint used on aluminium ,it is yellow in colour :gnorsi:.
I was a beautiful early spring day .
The works convener suggested damaged filters in the spray booths was to blame . Samples were duly scraped off the vehicle and dispatched for analysis :confused:
( had to smile but kept mum)
Results arrived
The sample results are.
This material contains wax deposits pollen grains and the oily skins of pollen
In other words bee **** !
This was on an official document !
Scientists have a sense of humour :svengo:.
The guy who owned the lodge house at the end of the works drive had 1/2 a dozen bee hives .

John Wilkinson

Reminds one of the expression "dont s*** on your own doorstep" because my hives are only 2 metres away from where the washing gets hung out, and I have had no ear bashing from the wife about "stuff" on the washing, so I assume the bees wait until they are away from home.

Reminds one of the expression "dont s*** on your own doorstep" because my hives are only 2 metres away from where the washing gets hung out, and I have had no ear bashing from the wife about "stuff" on the washing, so I assume the bees wait until they are away from home.
You blame it on those damned aircraft shedding oil bee-smilliebee-smillie

John Wilkinson

I had a neighbor who used to moan about yellow dots on her white washing some days.

I never had any idea what it could of been :coolgleamA:

I work next to a large apiary and my car is often/always covered in bee poo, my question is, how do I clean the bloomin stuff off, it sticks like the proverbial **** ;)to a blanket!
I usually hand-wash the car with wax shampoo in water. Get the affected area moist then scrape the muck off with your thumbnail - doesn't scratch the car and the shampoo gets your nails clean after!

Anybody tried those "Bug Remover" sprays?

or perhaps a coat coat ox wax polish might help,,,,, doesnt make the paint look any better with the paints that are used today but might make cleaning easier..

Perhaps bees just dont like cars....

It's awesome fertilizer.

the grass at the Apiary at Craibstone out grew the surrounding areas of grass by a country mile.

Only problem was I had a petrol flymow and an acre of the damn stuff to cut....

It would be interesting to know the Nitrogen level in it as the nearest thing I have seen to it for "oomph" was hen manure which was about 14-15%N

As for the issue, soap and water shifts it no bother, and consider a cover for your car whilst parked up?

PH

Back