Bee pollen nation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been trying to get a copy of that film for a while.
Does anyone have one I could borrow ?

Just one truck-load of bees makes our odd hive or two, or several, or even a hundred seem quite inconsequential! But these days every one of our colonies is important.

I wonder how much honey they could collect if they were used for that, rather than pollination.

Then the question - do any of those big pollinator set-ups collect honey?

Regards, RAB

I have been trying to get a copy of that film for a while.
Does anyone have one I could borrow ?

you can get it online, but it is on American region DVD.

Alright I suppose if you have a multi region player.

Looks like an ideal way to spread mites and disease around the country :(

your right steve it is, can you imagine all the uk bees in one area with some muppet turning up with a hive of fowl brood, and what about the stresses with carting them about as much as they do, the harvest of blossom is only for 4 weeks max and then they get shifted else where again,
from what i can see from the video clip and what i remeber of the film i dont rember seeing and brood box going over two high, maybe the honey is a secondry product produced else where,
the costs of each hive for polination from what i have seen in another web area was this season $100 per hive per week, each hive had to be 8 frames full and more, anything less was not paid for also if the hive died they were not paid for either

In my quest for knowledge, during a search Waterstones I found a book which appears to be of the film, although I didn't check to see if they were associated.

As a newbie the thing that struck me is, how wholly disconnected from the bees the owners must become to do it on such a scale.

the costs of each hive for polination from what i have seen in another web area was this season $100 per hive per week, each hive had to be 8 frames full and more, anything less was not paid for also if the hive died they were not paid for either

I have a question.
What is the history of paid pollination in England and what was the steps taken to achieve this?

I ask this because in romania we are not paid in for crop pollination, we want to be paid especially because from now in 2013 we will pay a tax for bee family.

Latest posts

Back