Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I have been trying to get a copy of that film for a while.
Does anyone have one I could borrow ?

oliver90owner 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Just one truck-load of bees makes our odd hive or two, or several, or even a hundred seem quite inconsequential! But these days every one of our colonies is important.

I wonder how much honey they could collect if they were used for that, rather than pollination.

Then the question - do any of those big pollinator set-ups collect honey?

Regards, RAB

marcros 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
I have been trying to get a copy of that film for a while.
Does anyone have one I could borrow ?
you can get it online, but it is on American region DVD.

Alright I suppose if you have a multi region player.

steve1958 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Looks like an ideal way to spread mites and disease around the country :(

hedgerow pete 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
national
your right steve it is, can you imagine all the uk bees in one area with some muppet turning up with a hive of fowl brood, and what about the stresses with carting them about as much as they do, the harvest of blossom is only for 4 weeks max and then they get shifted else where again,
from what i can see from the video clip and what i remeber of the film i dont rember seeing and brood box going over two high, maybe the honey is a secondry product produced else where,
the costs of each hive for polination from what i have seen in another web area was this season $100 per hive per week, each hive had to be 8 frames full and more, anything less was not paid for also if the hive died they were not paid for either

Cie 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
warre
Number of Hives
In my quest for knowledge, during a search Waterstones I found a book which appears to be of the film, although I didn't check to see if they were associated.

As a newbie the thing that struck me is, how wholly disconnected from the bees the owners must become to do it on such a scale.

Julian Cov 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
dadant
Number of Hives
the costs of each hive for polination from what i have seen in another web area was this season $100 per hive per week, each hive had to be 8 frames full and more, anything less was not paid for also if the hive died they were not paid for either
I have a question.
What is the history of paid pollination in England and what was the steps taken to achieve this?

I ask this because in romania we are not paid in for crop pollination, we want to be paid especially because from now in 2013 we will pay a tax for bee family.

Latest posts