Bee-jet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50+
I was given a canister of this stuff and have just used it on one of my hives that needed a quick inspection.
A very light spray over an (empty) super cleared the bees and allowed me to get at the brood box quite easily. I didnt try it without gloves as it says you can on the instructions.

Has anyone any experience of this stuff, smells like citronella to me?

I did notice that the guard bees were a bit frisky but this may due to the humid weather.

Cheers

Hi Stiffy,

I think you'll find the canister is an insect repellent, which if used correctly will not harm insects.

I think its along the similar lines to Benzaldehyde which smells of almonds and used as a repellent for bees.

Regards;

No experience with it, but I would just take off the super and leave those bees relatively out of the equation while inspecting the brood frames. Tried one of the other clearing products, but, shaking, brushing or bee escapes (and wait) seem as effective, much less costly and without any more chemicals. So most of it just sits on the shelf in the bottle.

Was it given by a user with a recommendation, as a present, or from a person who tried it and simply passed it on to you after assessing the benefits?

Regards, RAB

No experience with it, but I would just take off the super and leave those bees relatively out of the equation while inspecting the brood frames. Tried one of the other clearing products, but, shaking, brushing or bee escapes (and wait) seem as effective, much less costly and without any more chemicals. So most of it just sits on the shelf in the bottle.

Was it given by a user with a recommendation, as a present, or from a person who tried it and simply passed it on to you after assessing the benefits?

Regards, RAB
I was interested in finding out if anyone else had tried the stuff and what they thought of it?
My lovely sister bought it and sent it to me after seeing the lack of knuckles and the size of my hand after being well and truly stung a few weeks ago!
The ingredients are listed as alcohol and natural oil (citronella me thinks)

I don’t think I will be using it too often but I must admit it was useful as a stand-by.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back