Bee Inspector

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrischris

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 + nucs
Had my first visit from the bee inspector today and as a new bee keeper I was not sure what to expect. From my point of view it was a helpful experience with the inspector having time and patience to answer all my questions and give good sound advice. After the visit I felt re assured that I had not failed my bees and, at the same time gained from his experience and knowledge, so am continuing my bee keeping experience with a little more confidence than before.

I met mine at an open apiary meet, and he offered to come and have a look at my hives, which I was very grateful for not having had any informed viewing from others. When he came he mentioned that I was on a random list for inspection as well.

I think they get most of their info from people registering on Beebase and local word of mouth. You can request a visit (via Beebase), or they may just turn up

IMO they do a good and necessary job in helping control the spread of disease - and in my case gave me a lot of reassurance and several tips. Might also add he's been helping me via email over the past few days.

Yes, Register with Bee base. Puts you on their map.
Very helpful if EFB in the vicinity. I have to say they are scrupulously clean with their equipment so NO risk to your colonies. And happy to advise in any worrying situation you may have, that cannot be sorted here..
Use them or lose them

We got our bees from the bee inspector, so I should think he'll know where we are. I didn't meet him when he came to look at the project site ( I couldn't make that meeting ) but I am looking forward to meeting him, and hope we have looked after his bees to his satisfaction :D

Hello Playmates!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2skW43HNpE&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2skW43HNpE&NR=1[/ame]

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Ian

Last edited:
Thanks iball :) My grandad used to sing this to me, fond memories :) Wish he was here to see me keeping bees, he wasn't a beek himself, but would have loved to see me doing something like this.

Back