Bee imports post IWD

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately it's the only way to get down to your level. You have lurked on this forum and done nothing but jump on any post I make,exuding your unpleasantness on any thread that has had the misfortune of your input, you have attacked countless contributors to this form, hijacked threads to suit your agenda and now paint yourself as a victim. of all the low and unsavoury characters I've had the misfortune to deal with over the years, you are the one that has made my skin crawl the most.
Spare me the false indignation and pop back under your stone.
:iagree:

:yeahthat:
But we shouldn't feed the troll

What a poor reflection on this forum, that not only are obscenities tolerated but encouragement is also tolerated.
It is very significant that the guilty parties are without exception AMM protagonists.

Unfortunately it's the only way to get down to your level. You have lurked on this forum and done nothing but jump on any post I make,exuding your unpleasantness on any thread that has had the misfortune of your input, you have attacked countless contributors to this form, hijacked threads to suit your agenda and now paint yourself as a victim. of all the low and unsavoury characters I've had the misfortune to deal with over the years, you are the one that has made my skin crawl the most.
Spare me the false indignation and pop back under your stone.

Pot , kettle.
What exactly was your contribution?

What a poor reflection on this forum, that not only are obscenities tolerated but encouragement is also tolerated.
It is very significant that the guilty parties are without exception AMM protagonists.

What a total load of hogwash... why bring racist bee type comments into a thread that had ballanced argument that was for a time interesting reading.

Perhaps the Mods could go back through this thread and take a blue pencil to some of the irrelevant and irreverant comments!

Perhaps the Mods could go back through this thread and take a blue pencil to some of the irrelevant and irreverant comments!

I would rather not Dave.

Just play nicely guys, better than having to waste time performing the Chinese box trick.

I would rather not Dave.

Just play nicely guys, better than having to waste time performing the Chinese box trick.

Words of wisdom, come on guys this was a great thread... lets all take a deep breath and move on
:calmdown:

Words of wisdom, come on guys this was a great thread... lets all take a deep breath and move on
:calmdown:

Praiseworthy sentiments, Each time over the years when I tried to contribute to the forum and to become actively involved jenkins started looking for attention (I am being polite). He has now sunk to a new low with his obscene perverted remarks regarding my dead father. MBC and Foghornleghorn are no better than jenkins. Forum management apparently think Jenkins behaviour is quite acceptable and there is no need for any censure. There is but one honourable course left open to me, I wish you all goodbye and good luck.

It will be a shame to lose to you Quis, and also a shame to see you dragged down to gutter level by the usual suspects.

I would rather not Dave.

This forum is full insult and innuendo hurled by people hiding behind innocuous screen names. These days it’s hard to find anyone who hasn’t given into faceless, consequence-free communications. Cyber bullying is a crime. Consequence free- communication seems to turn good people bad.... like the behaviour of crowds.

This forum contains a lot of well meaning good advice and help, sadly the strong undercurrent of total disdain for others is allowed to continue unchecked.
I may be free to express my thoughts; but with freedoms come responsibilities, one of which is to respect and give other people space to their own opinions. I can do and say what I want, until the moment that impinges upon another person. Laws exist for a reason. Common courtesy, dictates how I respond to a difference of opinion in a face to face conversation, why not the same when using a forum such as this?

Do you not think the short existence of these associations was due to WW1. I believe IWD did not ravage English bees until the 1920s. BA did not come to Buckfast until after WW1.

I think you are right Brian, Barnet & District records show we were formed in 1911 and covered the area from Muswell Hill Middlesex to Shenley with 400 beekeepers, it folded for four years from 1916 to 1920, The chairman's son was killed in WW1 and restarted in 1921 with a WW1 role of honour of 101 beekeepers and then had just 60 Beekeepers from the barnet UDC and Barnet Rural DC. It was more about the Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire Regiments than IOWD

I'm not familiar with beeks Association's organization, etc. but an "Assoc. Library" was mentioned in another Post, and until the Internet they may have published a small booklet each year to coincide with the AGM?? It might have membership numbers, and maybe articles of interest, say losses from IWD??? What's the chances of an Assoc. having these old 'booklets' / records still in their Libraries, is it worth while contacting them to see what they have?

try this link to an american university library, lots of BBKA stuff up until 1880 to 1920's

https://archive.org/search.php?query=british bee journal

I believe IWD did not ravage English bees until the 1920s. BA did not come to Buckfast until after WW1.

Brother Adam came to Buckfast about 1909/10 when he was eleven years old. He started working with the bees a little later in 1915. Been reading a bit on his biography - IOWD arrived on the mainland about 1908, Devon in 1915 and hit the abbey in 1916.

You mean that all imported bees use to die on British Isles?

That is what BIBBA propaganda would have the gullible believe.
The only hive I lost winter was my colony of Amm's.

Latest posts

Back