Bee fondant

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggravated

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi

Can anybody help me to find some reasonably priced fondant?

Is the stuff on eb*y the best way to go

Many thanks

most use their local bakers, just go into the bakers and say 10lb of fondant please :D

Someone local to you may be better at detail, but we get ours from a local bakery, just asked the owner and he sold me some. There are a number of posts on the forum if you search for prices for different quantity.

Good hunting

My baker is ordering me a quantity. I have offered to pay most of it upfront as why should a small business suffer cash flow on my behalf?

Further on taking delivery I will be leaving some honey behind as I did last year so that if I want it next year they will be willing again. ;)

PH

Thank you,
I have seen this recipe for fondant

•2 cups granulated sugar
•1/2 cup water
•2 tbsp light corn syrup

Obviously, this can be scaled up, but the light corn oil puzzles me, is this correct

The standard box from all the suppliers I've seen is 12.5 Kg. If you don't use it all, kept in the box, wrapped in poly and in a cool dry place it keeps a year. Some associations buy a pallet, or at least a couple of hundred Kg. If yours doesn't, you might have a neighbouring one which does.

Thank you,

•2 cups granulated sugar
•1/2 cup water
•2 tbsp light corn syrup

Obviously, this can be scaled up, but the light corn oil puzzles me, is this correct

subsitute the light corn syrup with glucose syrup. available widely.

Thank you,

•2 cups granulated sugar
•1/2 cup water
•2 tbsp light corn syrup

making your own is a messy job and it is OK for the couple of hive beekeepers and bought in bulk there is not much difference in price. Swap the corn syrup for glucose syrup

snap redwood lol

im in the second part of that rhyme mine certainly is not great lol

A person that does nothing never makes mistakes
An the one I was told by my boss is, you are a failure of your own success, I'm still scratching my head with this one :eek:

They may well do.

They winna take an order from me though for 12 packs. Too small.

We discussed this last year too.

PH

Sugar at 80p kilo menas that you can make 2.5 kilos of fondant for 1.60 or 12.5 for £8.00

If you can buy 12.5k for £15.00 thats almost twice the price, if you pay the carriage at £9.00 that will mean it costs three times amuch.

for small quantities much cheaper to make it yourself.

Hi

Can anybody help me to find some reasonably priced fondant?

Is the stuff on eb*y the best way to go

Many thanks

Have you looked through your local phone book under catering supplies. I picked 12.5 kg up today from my local one £15. So if you know anyone going to Norwich then try Broadland Catering Supplies.

It sure is free but up here at least they are not taking small orders hence my going through a baker.

Ok so cost.

What is your time worth per hour? Cost it in. Including clean up time. Dinna forget that wee gem. Then power, as it takes gas or electric to cook it up.

Still think home made is cheaper? Lucky you. It sure ain't for me.

PH

Latest posts

Back