Bee-equipment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbc

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
About this item for maqs on their website:
"
Oops, looks like we have lost another supplier.

As any regular customer of ours will know we try to be reasonable and responsible with our pricing.

We believe in making a fair profit and trying our best to supply our valued customers with product that they need at a price that is affordable.

Unfortunately, some manufactures and suppliers would rather keep the retail price inflated, this is designed to give lazy retailers a larger profit margin.

Our purchase price for MAQS 10 dose is €27.90 and 2 dose is €7.34 we think at Bee-Equipment an average price for the season of £42.00 for 10 dose and £10.50 for 2 dose was reasonable

NOD the manufacturers of MAQS did not think the same, after building the trade in MAQS they have decided not supply us any more of there products, we believe this is as a direct response to our pricing policy.

This idea or a sole distributor is not just a NOD problem it also relates to Veto-Pharma who also refuse to supply us. Decide for your self why these companies will not supply a price challenging company like ours!

Fortunately, you have choices, there are a number of products available on our web site all safe and proven. Specifically designed to reduce varroa mite in colonies with no queen losses or bees trying to escape the fumes

Some are chemical based some are natural ingredient based as well as our mechanical method using our queen trap.

The bottom line is beekeepers must learn to fight back against the greed of some manufactures and suppliers.

After Covid-19 the world will look different, things will change.

Help make a change or don’t complain."

Fair play!

About this item for maqs on their website:
"
Oops, looks like we have lost another supplier.

As any regular customer of ours will know we try to be reasonable and responsible with our pricing.

We believe in making a fair profit and trying our best to supply our valued customers with product that they need at a price that is affordable.

Unfortunately, some manufactures and suppliers would rather keep the retail price inflated, this is designed to give lazy retailers a larger profit margin.

Our purchase price for MAQS 10 dose is €27.90 and 2 dose is €7.34 we think at Bee-Equipment an average price for the season of £42.00 for 10 dose and £10.50 for 2 dose was reasonable

NOD the manufacturers of MAQS did not think the same, after building the trade in MAQS they have decided not supply us any more of there products, we believe this is as a direct response to our pricing policy.

This idea or a sole distributor is not just a NOD problem it also relates to Veto-Pharma who also refuse to supply us. Decide for your self why these companies will not supply a price challenging company like ours!

Fortunately, you have choices, there are a number of products available on our web site all safe and proven. Specifically designed to reduce varroa mite in colonies with no queen losses or bees trying to escape the fumes

Some are chemical based some are natural ingredient based as well as our mechanical method using our queen trap.

The bottom line is beekeepers must learn to fight back against the greed of some manufactures and suppliers.

After Covid-19 the world will look different, things will change.

Help make a change or don’t complain."

Fair play!
@Patrick1 is on here
Perhaps he will chip in

Hi All, yes as a commercial beekeeper and a supplier of equipment I am incensed by what we all perceive to be unfair, I am convinced it is price fixing, this is not the only company involved in the beekeeping supplies business. The price of a hornet trap that would help beekeepers at this critical time is kept artificially high by a company who would like you to believe they care about bees or beekeeping .
Like I said
"Help make a change or don't complain "

Never my intention to attack anyone,a previous post mentioned another supplier in the same way, I thought that was an acceptable way to responde, please accept my sincere apologies, I am a member because of the fredon from commercialization.

This comes as no surprise to me... You only have to look at the uniformity in pricing of all anti varroa treatments from the UK suppliers to see there is some kind of price fixing going on
Possibly this extends to other kit too...
We are at the manufacturers mercy as home made medicines are too variable in their success...
And potentially unsafe....
B E have brought a breath of fresh air to the UK bee equipment market....
Real competition and on the whole good quality kit at affordable prices....

If I can I will add something to this from a smaller supplier “Modern Beekeeping”.

We have tried to get products like MAQS but have been totally unable to get anything positive from the manufacturers who suggest we buy from a distributor.

However some distributors keep such a large margin that their is nothing left for us to make any profit on.

Basically as suggested this leave the monopoly with one supplier.

Hi All, yes as a commercial beekeeper and a supplier of equipment I am incensed by what we all perceive to be unfair, I am convinced it is price fixing, this is not the only company involved in the beekeeping supplies business. The price of a hornet trap that would help beekeepers at this critical time is kept artificially high by a company who would like you to believe they care about bees or beekeeping .
Like I said
"Help make a change or don't complain "
Answers: Don't use Macs.....make your own hornet traps....etc.....etc..... ? :ROFLMAO:

If I can I will add something to this from a smaller supplier “Modern Beekeeping”.

We have tried to get products like MAQS but have been totally unable to get anything positive from the manufacturers who suggest we buy from a distributor.

However some distributors keep such a large margin that their is nothing left for us to make any profit on.

Basically as suggested this leave the monopoly with one supplier.
There may be some good news on the horizon, the company I represent had to go through nearly a years work to register at the VMD for a licence to distribute chemicals.
However, there is a rumour that the product previously mentioned can be traded without the licence.
I would suggest that any other company or group of beekeepers may want to contact NOD to see what the position is.Maybe helpful

There may be some good news on the horizon, the company I represent had to go through nearly a years work to register at the VMD for a licence to distribute chemicals.
However, there is a rumour that the product previously mentioned can be traded without the licence.
I would suggest that any other company or group of beekeepers may want to contact NOD to see what the position is.Maybe helpful

You are correct the product can go direct to the end user but you cannot distribute the product to others for them to retail.

Latest posts

Back