Bee Equipment cotton smoker fuel - warning

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A late member of our association used to run a company which made mops and made the offcuts freely available to other members - they worked brilliantly but these days I use a combination of hessian, shredded cardboard (used as packaging by Thornes) topped up with shredded pizza boxes (done myself using an aldi cross cut shredder).

A late uncle of mine, ex Royal Marine, did a stint on the Royal yacht Brittania he told me he knew one of the stewards who had a collection of Royal stools (and I don't mean items of furniture to rest your feet on) all dried and nicely varnished decorating his mantlepiece at home.
Brings a new meaning to the rhyming slang Richard the third!! :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2:
So did you offer him 1 of yours to add to the royal collection 💩

Yes I should have said Lavender and forgot some of you have strange minds that think very differently.

Not sure I agree; Lavvy is universally understood to mean one thing and one thing only......

Well until now anyways

I really don't see the need to use toilet by-products and as it close to bedtime I now have a vision I didn't want o_O

The only good use for that stuff is as fertilizer. When I was much younger, I rented an allotment plot; one year the plot site's management brought a lorryload of sewage sludge as fertilizer, and my brassica plants grew astonishingly.

The only good use for that stuff is as fertilizer. When I was much younger, I rented an allotment plot; one year the plot site's management brought a lorryload of sewage sludge as fertilizer, and my brassica plants grew astonishingly.
Probably a good impromptu crop of tomatoes as well .....

There is an "endless" supply of mainly pine wood chips close by, once dried it makes a great base fuel for the smoker, true it does produce more tar in the smoker but its freely available, as is a bit of half dried grass aka hay. Torn/cut up old denim jeans works well too.

When I need smoker fuel I take dogs for a walk and take a rubble sack with me. There's endless supplies of pine cones and pine needles on the floor and I can fill 2 or 3 bags in 15 minutes. Makes for a nice cool smoke that will stay lit for hours! :hurray:

Go raid any horse yard great bales of hayledge normally loads spilled. Leaf litter in some woodland spots just requires an old bin to keep some dry.

Latest posts

Back