Bee-Bee Tree (Tetradium daniellii) about to flower for first time

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickbowyer

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Some hives and a few nucs
Bought a Bee-Bee tree 3 years ago as a 2 year old sapling and now about to flower for the first time, lucky bees. Very excited.
:party:

Attachments

• IMG_1402.jpg
    IMG_1402.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 143
Brilliant !!!

Was only looking at mine yesterday in garden growing like there's no tomorrow, but no flowering as yet and about 6 foot high, only planted last year.

Let us know how the bees react to it , would love to hear

yay!!!!!
I have two.
One in a pot and the other in a field next to the apiary.
They are in their third year and about three feet tall so something to look forward to.
The ones in Hampton Court gardens hummmmmmmm with bees when they are in bloom.

Bought a Bee-Bee tree 3 years ago as a 2 year old sapling and now about to flower for the first time, lucky bees. Very excited.
:party:

My son bought me two Evodia Huphehensis about 9 inch high in pots a couple of years ago. They were planted out last year and appeared to be established. Late frost and wind took all the new leaf shoots this spring and I thought they were lost. However they have recovered and are looking healthy. Fingers very much crossed for next year :)

I grew three from seed 4 years ago. Largest is over 2 meters tall. No flowers yet (late frost retarded it but it recovered - unlike our 8 meter rowan which is leafless)

Of the two I planted, one is 6 feet tall and not flowering but the other which is 11-12 feet high is the one flowering for the first time.

Of the two I planted, one is 6 feet tall and not flowering but the other which is 11-12 feet high is the one flowering for the first time.

Please Dick let us know how the bees react, is it this mystical legendary bee magnet, dripping nectar and as the bees land emitting clouds of pollen , ike that volcanic eruption in Iceland.... or am I getting carried away ??? :)

Will await your update !!! :D

Last edited:
We have 3 plants grown from seed after we saw the huge number of bees on one at 'The Garden House' down near Tavi.
It is was a bee magnet.

We have 3 plants grown from seed after we saw the huge number of bees on one at 'The Garden House' down near Tavi.
It is was a bee magnet.

Buckland Monochorium.....So that is where the Carkeel bees are foraging... The Great grey green greasy Tamar river all set about with social housing holds no fear for thos' NZIs:icon_204-2:

Just bought one to replace the English elm cut down by the nature hater neighbor Mr Autoglym... in a hope that it will attract bees that will then deposit dropping over his silly little german mini car he loves to polish!

The elm dropped leaves into his garden... 50 foot trees ( Cherry Plum Oak and Elm) in my neighbors garden on our orchard perimeter...... too late now to do anything about it... apparently he asked the house owners if he could "trim" them a bit!:hairpull:

Yeghes da

Just coming into flower - first bee, hopefully of many

Attachments

• IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 39
Not quite all over it but at least 5 bees per flower cluster yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 33
Mine are still too young to flower but I live in hope.
My, up till now flowerless, Eucryphia has produced it's first ever flowers, about 20, which the bees love but it's the sedums they are all after.
This morning the honeysuckle was buzzing and honey bees were collecting pollen from the flowers. First time I've ever seen that!

Mine are still too young to flower but I live in hope.
My, up till now flowerless, Eucryphia has produced it's first ever flowers, about 20, which the bees love but it's the sedums they are all after.
This morning the honeysuckle was buzzing and honey bees were collecting pollen from the flowers. First time I've ever seen that!
My four varieties of Eucryphia are in flower now, and they are full of bees. Bodnant Garden near Conwy has one of the four national collections of eucryphia, and they have 22 varieties. Same family as Tasmanian leatherwood and Chilean ulmo trees, great honey producers.

Back