Become a bee farmer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have also had a member pm me asking if we could make all commercial members change their username if it points towards them selling something.

now there is a challenge, from those that sell 1 queen to those that earn a living from bees, define commercial and I am beebreeder,do I breed bees commercially? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck on that one Mark

Last edited:
I have also had a member pm me asking if we could make all commercial members change their username if it points towards them selling something.

now there is a challenge, from those that sell 1 queen to those that earn a living from bees, define commercial and I am beebreeder,do I breed bees commercially? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck on that one Mark

:iagree:
And judging by plenty of enthusiastic responses to any thread about price of honey, we have a lot of members who might be described as semi-commercial.

I offer free advise all the time in the chat room,

Maybe all the time you spend in there. Probably not too often, though. I looked down your 37 posts and didn't find a lot of free advice, but there were a lot of free adverts.
I'm in the chat room most evenings at 9.30pm if you want a chat & advise, anyone can ask me anything & I will freely give advise. :D

"I offer free advise all the time in the chat room, do come along and ask anything you like and I'll be glad to chat with you for free of course.

I'm sure normal bee keepers are not dumb enough to think it would be all they need to know in one afternoon. I understand that most bee keepers are brighter than that, "

If you are happy to give your advice freely, why are you charging for it?

from one of those 'dumb' beekeepers who is not 'normal' or 'bright' but cautious, with an often misunderstood penchant for sarcasm.

I WONDERED WHO WAS TEACHING ALL THE BANKERS .......

but joking aside, there are many on this forum who give beekiewise advice willingly and for the pleasure of doing so, freely without advertising the successful beekeeping businesses they run

I am always skeptical about those who wave their "qualifications" around to attract the uninformed.............. just me I am a cynic!

I have found many to be qualified idiots!

This forum is not for advertising your business PLEASE !!

"I offer free advise all the time in the chat room, do come along and ask anything you like and I'll be glad to chat with you for free of course.

I'm sure normal bee keepers are not dumb enough to think it would be all they need to know in one afternoon. I understand that most bee keepers are brighter than that, "

If you are happy to give your advice freely, why are you charging for it?

from one of those 'dumb' beekeepers who is not 'normal' or 'bright' but cautious, with an often misunderstood penchant for sarcasm.
If you run any course there are costs, so it is quite normal to charge when running any course.

Don't need to incur costs if you give advice freely on forum.
Post your vast knowledge in a sticky on the forum - it'll save your costs and save interested parties their journey and money. Everybody wins!

didnt think you could advertise for commercial gains?
We all advertise the fact that we are beekeepers with the presumption that if successful should have honey above the requirements of family and friends .Yes?
A large proportion of subscribers state the prices they are able to get .
So where should the restrictions be aimed ? or could someone define commercial ?:)
VM

Latest posts

Back