Become a bee farmer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50+
A full afternoons tuition on how to become a commercial bee keeper. Learn how to make a living from your bees. By a bee farmer of 32yrs experience, 2 BBKA certs & the NDB teachers cert. I've made my living from bees since 1992 and so can you. This course will be held in Rhodes Minnis near Canterbury Kent. Date: November 27th 2011. Cost £45 email me for further details & a prospectus.:D

I'ts taken me a couple of seasons to become a beginner! I suspect it would need more than an afternoon to make me into a bee farmer. ;)

That job's too hard! On a hot day I'm knackered after 8 colonies.

My view
Admin,

Can you 'lock' all these course listings - the whole section - so they would not get replies (enquiries and replies by PM) so at least they won't keep coming up as blatant advertising every time someone adds to the thread (or gives it a 'bump'). Would make the forums a much better place I feel.

I note the OP was openly advertising as a 'beebreeder' on the forum recently.

That way, those that want a course can see for themselves what is available in that section without what seems to me to be blatant advertising, circumventing your recent directive (with a big :D at the beginning and end).

RAB

I agree Rab,a number of commercial beekeepers do seem to think the forum is the place to advertise their wares.

I have also had a member pm me asking if we could make all commercial members change their username if it points towards them selling something.

I'ts taken me a couple of seasons to become a beginner! I suspect it would need more than an afternoon to make me into a bee farmer. ;)
your right there, but there are bee keepers out there that would love this course, I know because I'm asked all the time how to do it.

your right there, but there are bee keepers out there that would love this course, I know because I'm asked all the time how to do it.

So are you offering the course to forum members for free ?

Or are you trying to profit from the forum?

I am afraid that while I wouldn't want the likes of Hivemaker to have to change their name (after all had been a member of the forum for quite a while before I realised he made hives commercially rather than as a hobby) I do feel this is purely advertising to try to make personal gain from the forum.

Which incidentally I see as completely different to the "Has anybody got queens to sell" "Yes I have four" type of advert.

If it can be covered in one November afternoon, the job of a bee farmer must be easier than hobby bee keeping - the basic takes about the same time!

Hi all, I'm so sorry this has bothered you all so much! I offer free advise all the time in the chat room, do come along and ask anything you like and I'll be glad to chat with you for free of course.
The idea of this short course is to give bee keepers that are thinking off doing it for a living an idea of what it's about, I'm sure normal bee keepers are not dumb enough to think it would be all they need to know in one afternoon. I understand that most bee keepers are brighter than that, sorry for the smiley faces too, just thought they might make people smile. :)

Thats because you have sold out ,due to advertising here :D

I offer free advise all the time in the chat room,

Maybe all the time you spend in there. Probably not too often, though. I looked down your 37 posts and didn't find a lot of free advice, but there were a lot of free adverts.

Back