Beard or No beard

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beard or No beard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50+
SWMBO reckons that most good bee keepers have a beard. As this then counts me out on both counts I wondered how may on this forum sport facial hair?
Well it is a quiet time of year!

I'm not sure what to reply...I think of beekeepers with big bushy beards...but hubby says it wouldn't suit me ;)

what about moustachios?:coolgleamA:

Thesis subject: Does the use of facial hair within Beekeeping circles exacerbate or aid bees in their fight against varroa mite? Should all beekeepers have full beard and moustache to aid in the fight against endemic extermination of a species...argue.

Got to love this one from my grandchildren,

Grandad did the hair on your face slip of your head.

You can figure it out.

Mine once asked my Mum which was her favourite dinosaur when she was little..Mum said 'I wasn't into dino's when I was little' and my son (4) asked which ones lived near her...I hid behind the sofa...

Sure you're not getting confused with a beard of bees?

My missus doesn't like a beard, but I wouldn't stop her growing one. I've always thought she looked quite fetching with one...

I would really like to post a comment about my wife in this section, but I can already feel the physical pain it would bring on me.........

I did have a beard, grew it for 3 years at my wifes request, then one day she decided I had to shave. As SWMBO demanded, so I obeyed, now I'm a market day shaver. That's country talk for only shave once a week on market day (although our town doesn't hold a market any more!)
Frith

I would really like to post a comment about my wife in this section, but I can already feel the physical pain it would bring on me.........

and mental lol, I'm with you Queens......I've been hoping to grow one for years, but I doubt HW(might just)BO just would not like it. :D

Latest posts

Back