BBKA's "Bee Breeders Certificate"

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apiarist

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
too many for one apiary
I'm in Ireland, is anyone aware of a similar Course being taught over here as the BBKA's "Bee Breeders Certificate"?
I've had a quick look at our three Beekeeping Assoc.s but don't see anything; maybe it's incorporated in an existing course..?

(I've reposted this message in a new thread as requested, instead of tagging on the end of an old thread that had gone off topic)

I'm in Ireland, is anyone aware of a similar Course being taught over here as the BBKA's "Bee Breeders Certificate"?
I've had a quick look at our three Beekeeping Assoc.s but don't see anything; maybe it's incorporated in an existing course..?

(I've reposted this message in a new thread as requested, instead of tagging on the end of an old thread that had gone off topic)

I doubt you'll find what you're looking for. In my opinion, the BBKA missed a fantastic opportunity with the Bee Breeders certificate. They had the chance to raise standards in an area that was poorly served but, instead, repeated most of what was already covered by module 7 anyway.
In honey bee breeding we are almost always looking at quantitative methods. This YouTube video will give you a good introduction to what I'm talking about.

Latest posts

Back