BBKA News - Second Year Panic

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just received issue 226 yesterday. Was flicking through to see which suppliers were having sales and this article caught my eye. I'm heading into my first winter and so my second year is next year, I want to be as prepared as possible.

Then I noticed the author... Name, location and how he started beekeeping sounds all too familiar! ;)

Really good read, thank you, I'm looking forward to the articles to come :D

Last edited:
Eric Martin - Somerset

Told you that you didn't have to have to be a chosen one!!!!
Now the secret is out..... They actually approached me because of this very forum and some of my comments. I don't profess to be as knowledgeable as many on this site but I do love keeping bees and I do remember so vividly the 'hard' days
Any comments on what is there or any ideas on what may be coming up are welcome!
Truly not worthy!!
not worthynot worthynot worthynot worthy

Enrico, good on ya, a very brave person to put pen to paper and sign it! ��
:winner1st:
Have to disagree with your avatar though, the question isn’t “To bee or not to bee”..........

It’s matchsticks or no matchsticks :leaving:

Last edited:
Enrico, good on ya, a very brave person to put pen to paper and sign it! ��
:winner1st:
Have to disagree with your avatar though, the question isn’t “To bee or not to bee”..........

It’s matchsticks or no matchsticks :leaving:

I'm saving that one for a later edition! Trust me. I will get it in there!
:)

Well done Eric .. not got my copy yet .. it will probably be the first one I've actually opened in the last year or two .. mostly sitting in a pile in their polythene wrappers still !!!

good on you Eric ... you have always been a voice of cheer here

now i don't get the mag so any chance you post it on here ?

Not sure if that would be legal! To be honest it isn't anything I haven't already said here!
E

It's your copyright. You wrote it you own it.

Same as I own mine.

PH

I enjoyed that article more than any other in that edition, although the varroa feeding came close.
As you can guess, this was my second year.
Where can I get a veiled hat that straps under my armpits? I feel like I’m m missing out.

Courty

I really enjoyed the article too - the practicalities of early beekeeping not mentioned in the introductory course!
Thank you Enrico, it made me smile - and realise that it's not just me.

Latest posts

Back