BBKA? maybe not!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get a warning panel, telling me that I am trying to access a malicous website!

John

I get a warning panel, telling me that I am trying to access a malicous website!

John

It's certainly malicious, although perhaps not in the computer jargon sense of the word.

I get tired of loonie rants about wicked capitalists. There is no rational argument to be found on that site, just outrage and incoherent shouting.

Not for me, thank you. :)

thank you so much for putting me right - capitalist companies can sell toxins, and get "independent" organisations to help them, and that's completely ok, because they're capitalists...
Got it - as long as it's profitable, it's moral - silly me getting it wrong.......:)

The videos on the page are interesting, especially the one at the bottom.

Cheers

Mark.

It is a question of ethical behaviour in organisations. That they can endorse a product, with insufficient evidence, without the prior consent of membership, for money is, in my view, not subscribing to a minimal ethical standard.
The value of that organisation has been undermined significantly and as a result of its actions it has divided the community, alienated a lot of beeks and newbies and consequently (and contrary to its stated aims) placed at hazard bees, beekeeping and education.

borring

heard all of this for ages try changing the record
problem with this sort of thread is , that you are preaching to the converted
if you had not noticed we are here because we dont aggree with bbka policys

Not everyone here is, I do detect an anti (dislike etc) bbka thing around here but I am here simply to chat to other beeks.

I'm neutral on the bbka and find some of the responses on them most bizarre - each to their own I guess.

Jez

I put this link up without comment because I found it while doing a seach for BBKA on an other matter and had not fully read it.

Having had a chance to look at it I still don't think I am fully informed of all the facts and it's feels a bit like some people are saying 'This is wrong therefore all that the BBKA do is wrong!'.

IMHO, you have to work within to change things or break away and organize a coup. I think I will remain a member and try to find ways of getting to the heart of matter from the inside while still listening to those on the outside.

Mike.

Jez. you know what i find bizarre, the bbka endorsing pesticides that kill bee's. I assume you finding the responses bizarre means you think this is okay.As you say,each to there own.

Front page of our local paper today is a couple who have lost there only two colonys due to pesticide spraying,completely wiped out,they are devastated.And the next bit of news is, they intend to spray 780 hectares of the quantock hills this month,by helecopter,with god knows what,local people are somewhat concerned about this,up in arms it says in the paper.

Last edited:
Jez. you know what i find bizarre, the bbka endorsing pesticides that kill bee's. I assume you finding the responses bizarre means you think this is okay.As you say,each to there own.

Front page of our local paper today is a couple who have lost there only two colonys due to pesticide spraying,completely wiped out,they are devastated.And the next bit of news is, they intend to spray 780 hectares of the quantock hills this month,by helecopter,with god knows what,local people are somewhat concerned about this,up in arms it says in the paper.

HM - stick a sock in it, I don’t appreciate you preaching to me.

I am (as many are) a BBKA member by associate but I wont be bullied into forming an opinion by you or anyone else, in fact other than a welcome pack I have had no dealings with them.

Admin, is this forum an anti BBKA site?

Jez

Last edited:
Hello All,

I don't understand some people, NO ONE IS AS DEAF AS THE PERSON WHO DOES NOT WANT TO HEAR!! SO SOMETIMES YOU MUST SHOUT REALLY REALLY LOUD.

Pesticides kill bees, if neuro toxins kills bees for weeks what the hell is it doing to us! They are spraying our food with these TOXINS, hello wake everyone.

Busy Bee

jezd

There are no preachers here just people who express opinions after all that is what forums are for. If you dont like what you read dont get into a personal attack just ignore it. You will find that lots of people who are members of the bbka are against their being involved with chemical companies. Just because they get away with it doesnt make it right.

jezd

There are no preachers here just people who express opinions after all that is what forums are for. If you dont like what you read dont get into a personal attack just ignore it. You will find that lots of people who are members of the bbka are against their being involved with chemical companies. Just because they get away with it doesnt make it right.

why should I ignore bullies?

I am off this subject, nobody needs to respond to me on this one as I wont reply back - I guess that is what they want anyway.

Cheers

Jez

They last person who went on the defensive of the BBKA was Victor Meldrew you can read the thread if you want (Yesterday's Hansard Report on Bees )

He took a very rigid stance on the BBKA just like Jez.

Maybe the members of the BBKA can't handle the truth!!

Busy Bee

Jeez.

Who cares what people think or don't think about the BBKA.

Beekeepers are all so very individual (and to some extent, solitary) that it doesn't really matter. As per usual, each will have their own opinion, as they will on the techniques of beekeeping itself.

I joined this forum to chat to and to meet people who have an interest in beekeeping, like myself, and to learn as much as I could from fellow 'beeks'.

Like many of you out there I'm sure, I don't wish to have opinions on this or that 'umbrella organisation' thrust down my throat.

If you don't like them - don't join and do your own thing. Simple as that.

They last person who went on the defensive of the BBKA was Victor Meldrew you can read the thread if you want (Yesterday's Hansard Report on Bees )

He took a very rigid stance on the BBKA just like Jez.

Maybe the members of the BBKA can't handle the truth!!

Busy Bee

can you read? when have I taken any stance on the BBKA, I don’t know anything about them in detail or what they get up to, I merely pointed out as someone relatively new here that ever time the BBKA gets a mention a number of people grab a soap box

BB, please don’t follow me around on the forum with the off topic lecturing

Last edited:
Thanks Mark, below is his PM to me for all to see - for the record I didnt position my view as pro or negative BBKA, not once, I simply spotted the tone of things on here when a BBKA subject came up.

Hi Jez,
The forum was setup because of the number of BBKA forum members that either got banned from the forum for speaking out against the pesticide issue or had their posts altered doctored or removed without being told why or informed.

I have been informed that even goverment departments are now not talking to the BBKA like they did in the past because of paid endorsements.

In answer to your question I think if we ran a poll then the outcome may well be that the majority of members are anti BBKA although most are still members because they are the only ones to offer insurance at the moment.

We then have the problem that we have a few members who are TBH owners,they seem to be against anything thats chemical related.

Most of our members are not anti chemical as most treat their hives,they are against the fact that the BBKA setup a seperate company to keep the funding secret from its members and yet got outed by Newcastle beekeepers,they then tried to hide the facts and thats when this forum was born.

I don't really know enough about the issues to do with the BBKA, but I do know that I much prefer this forum at the moment for its freewheeling friendly style. I think that should be preserved, .. don't you jezd ?

One thing that I'm puzzled about is the ability of a BBKA member to vote with his feet (and his cash) (he refers to both sexes in this instance btw).

Surely many of us are BBKA members by virtue of local association membership.

Should we have an opportunity to opt out ? or is there another way as an individual to influence BBKA policy ?

I'm not saying I don't want to be in the BBKA, but it seems to me they take my money at the moment and do what they like with it and there is no accountability.

Maybe I just don't know enough about it atm.

JC.

Latest posts

Back