BBKA correspondence course questions

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViscountBumble

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hello. The BBKA doesn't seem to be responding to emails at the moment so I'm having to go elsewhere, and I'm hoping some of you have been on the correspondence course. I was wondering exactly what resources I'd need. Do I just have to buy the books in their online store, fill out the form, then sign up for a test when it's available again, circumnavigating contacting the BBKA, or will I recieve lesson and course material only after I've signed up for the basic course?

Hello. The BBKA doesn't seem to be responding to emails at the moment so I'm having to go elsewhere, and I'm hoping some of you have been on the correspondence course. I was wondering exactly what resources I'd need. Do I just have to buy the books in their online store, fill out the form, then sign up for a test when it's available again, circumnavigating contacting the BBKA, or will I recieve lesson and course material only after I've signed up for the basic course?
You could try asking on their forum

You will need to sign up and pay, then you will receive the course papers and be assigned a mentor who will mark your papers and tell you where you are going right, or wrong. You will have to provide any research material, all the Bbka provides are 5 papers which cover everything necessary to pass the exam. You will then need to apply and pay for the appropriate exam, there is t one this year in November, so it’s March, and apply by mid February. Details, dates and fees are all available on the Bbka exams page. For any books why not try your local association, or other beekeepers round you. You could also see if there is a local fb page for the area, and find others doing the same thing and all join forces and work together, or by zoom or whatever, it’s always better to work as a group if you can, sharing ideas.

Which module are you thinking of doing ?
There is a book list for the modules on the BBKA website.
Past papers are easily available if you know where to look without paying for them.

Back