BBKA Advocates buy British.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Beefriendly

How can there ever be an impartial understanding of bees and strain types when the Chairperson of the BBKA Margaret Wilson comes out with the following tripe in her Chairman's Letter in this months BBKA magazine.

""Imported bees do not have the resilience of our native bees and do not tolerate cold so well, so as with many things on sale nowadays, "buy British" should be our slogan.""

Worth pointing out that Danish Bees are subjected to harsher winters than anything the UK can throw at us.....
My copy of mag is now residing in the bin.

Please God, let us not have the "imported bees versus local bees" aka "my bees are better than your bees" bickering again!

Last edited:
So, you are agreeing with her....?? ;)
.....beats hasty retreat into nuclear bunker. :)

Are those cross hairs burning a mark on your forehead???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll take my chances :) ...As most of them can't even see eggs in cells at 4 inches their chances of hitting me are negligible.
Sometimes the stuff that is published by our leading organization defies belief.
It often seems to assume every beekeeper is a total muppet unable to think for themselves.

I'll take my chances :) ...As most of them can't even see eggs in cells at 4 inches their chances of hitting me are negligible.
Sometimes the stuff that is published by our leading organization defies belief.
It often seems to assume every beekeeper is a total muppet unable to think for themselves.

Ever read some of the input on the bbka Facebook group :icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Not every, just some - maybe a lot. The ‘some’ rely on replies to every little beekeeping item. You only need to read this forum to know that. But ‘iif the cap fits, wear it’ as they say.

BTW, the comment from MerryBee was to stop bickering, if you can read properly. Nothing more. There are more than sufficient threads on this topic, over the years. ‘Grow your own’ might be a better slogan.

Latest posts

Back