BBC2 Wednesday 14th Jan 8pm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Its not easy being green has a section on Beekeeping tonight at 8pm if anyone is interested.

Thanks for that warning- will record it.:) Always like to see this sort of programme -it helps with perspective sometimes

A couple of mins on bees that fell short of the (investigation )referred to. Still they got the BeeCzar to admit there was no money in the offing .
Excuse being "throwing money at it wont solve the problem".

John

At least Dick's preamble included "pesticides" as a possible cause.....:)

Still they got the BeeCzar to admit there was no money in the offing .
Excuse being "throwing money at it wont solve the problem".

John

Reading between the lines. Government will not accept BBKA research plan because they think it's ill conceived rubbish. (This is the plan used to justify the ?8m spend). DEFRA are (slowly) producing their own Bee Health strategy, which BBKA think is rubbish. But DEFRA hold the purse strings - they will certainly not release any funds for anything except their own plan. This fight is becoming a struggle for who rules the beekeeping world, the money being secondary.

So far I've only managed to get hold of the DEFRA plan. The BBKA version is in Fort Knox for some reason.

at the risk of uncharacteristically "beating around the bush", it leaves me wondering which (if any) of those two prospects will bring about TRULY open research into the possible problem causes, including the possibility of pesticides being one of the areas of investigation.
Somehow, with my experience of DEFRA and a certain association, I have a funny feeling that whatever is adopted, pesticides will be assumed to be totally scrummily safe, and they will mysteriously be omitted from the areas researched........
As to why that should be, I really couldn't guess!:svengo:
(you may think that, you may very well think that, but I, of course, couldn't possibly comment)

Latest posts

Back