BB Wear or others

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan968

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi Everyone

I'm going to upgrade my suit for next year as the heat this year in my old bb wear deluxe suit was getting unbearable, I've seen their ultra bee suits but wondered for nearly double what other vented suits, are they worth it.

I've seen people commenting on swienty breeze suits and even sentinel pro 2 but are they worth the saving or should I still go forth with the bb wear

I've got a Swienty and its comfy and cool. No stings but it's my first season and my bees are pretty gentle. Can't comment on the other suits for comparison.
Also really handy that you can fit the whole suit into the helmet, so good for storage.

That's +2 :laughing-smiley-004 can't comment on suites I have a pro SB suite and I like to sweat like mad unless I go camando + suite:eek:
There was a fad at one time for "polythene slimming suits" which were supposed to make you sweat and lose weight similar to steam boxes for jockeys. They seemed to be advertised in classified pages alongside x-ray specs and Charles Atlas bodybuilding courses 😎

Here is a review of the BB Wear suit

That's not a review. It's an unnecessarily verbose repetitive OTT glorification of BBWear in a grossly promotional fashion. I really do find it nauseating.

Edit: I have nothing against BBWear - I have two of their suits. It's that Blackmountain should have declared an interest ie he received payment in cash or kind OR a disclaimer that he has no beneficiary interest in the company.

Last edited:
There was a fad at one time for "polythene slimming suits" which were supposed to make you sweat and lose weight similar to steam boxes for jockeys. They seemed to be advertised in classified pages alongside x-ray specs and Charles Atlas bodybuilding courses 😎
I haven't a clue what your talking about but have liked the post anyway :oops:

There was a fad at one time for "polythene slimming suits" which were supposed to make you sweat
Looking at the price of some of these suits does that for me
Thing is, if you're doing a bit of hard graft - whether your wearing a standard,ventilated, foam suit, or just your undercrackers, you're going to work up a sweat

Looking at the price of some of these suits does that for me
Thing is, if you're doing a bit of hard graft - whether your wearing a standard,ventilated, foam suit, or just your undercrackers, you're going to work up a sweat
Under crackers I've not heard them being called that for a long time. :ROFLMAO:
Cant imagine just inspecting in my "undercrackers" I would need a suite on at least, I might scare the bees and sheep.
#confessionsofabeekeeper. :sunning:

That's not a review. It's an unnecessarily verbose repetitive OTT glorification of BBWear in a grossly promotional fashion. I really do find it nauseating.

Edit: I have nothing against BBWear - I have two of their suits. It's that Blackmountain should have declared an interest ie he received payment in cash or kind OR a disclaimer that he has no beneficiary interest in the company.

Well I can do that here.

I paid full price for the suit and have NO beneficiary interest in the company!

YouTube requires you to declare any incentivised videos and puts up their own disclaimer in addition to any embedded disclaimers.

Well I can do that here.

I paid full price for the suit and have NO beneficiary interest in the company!

YouTube requires you to declare any incentivised videos and puts up their own disclaimer in addition to any embedded disclaimers.

OK, but it really does read like an advertorial. It really didn't need 24 minutes to eyeball the features of the suit.

feels a bit like an invented problem to prise additional money off the unsuspecting beekeeper. When it is truly hot and I need to inspect, i just wear shorts under a normal beesuit. However its normally more convenient to avoid the heat and inspect early or late on the few weeks of hot weather we get each year and save the money.

Hi Everyone

I'm going to upgrade my suit for next year as the heat this year in my old bb wear deluxe suit was getting unbearable, I've seen their ultra bee suits but wondered for nearly double what other vented suits, are they worth it.

I've seen people commenting on swienty breeze suits and even sentinel pro 2 but are they worth the saving or should I still go forth with the bb wear
Swienty Breezer are excellent suits - been using one all year

People are different, I only need to put gloves or a hat on to start cooking yet you see some people wearing coats in Summer, a vented suit is an absolute god send for me. I grabbed one of my old BBwear suits to do a quick job back in October and wished I'd used the vented one.

Edit: Not a BBwear vented suit, I would never pay that.

Latest posts

Back