Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Adam 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I noticed this on the Warrebeekeepers Yahoogroup. This may already have been posted but if it was - I missed it.

Original message posted by John Trit.

Monheim, November 16, 2010 – Bayer CropScience announced today that it has acquired a product for the efficient control of varroa mites (Varroa destructor) from Exosect Ltd., Winchester, United Kingdom. The market launch of this new bee health product in the United States is planned for 2011. First registrations in major European countries are expected from 2012 onwards. The acquisition also enables Bayer CropScience to develop innovative bee health solutions and to commercialize new bee health products worldwide. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Source: http://www.press.bayercropscience.com/bcsweb/cropprotection.nsf/id/EN_20101116?open&l=EN&ccm=500020

For sake of conscious: http://www.cbgnetwork.org/

Johns follow up comment is also worthy of note.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:02 am

"Perhaps we should expect Bayer patented genetically modified pesticide-tolerant bees that are engineered to enable bees to withstand doses of pesticides that would otherwise kill them – for a price of course."

Adam

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
Thymol with a static charge to make it cling......... Nice bit of handshaking going on there!

Dishmop 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
I suppose a missile would kill an awful lot of varroa..

Hivemaker. 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
I read somewhere that bayer are hoping to bring out ten new insecticides over the next five years as well,even more deadly than the neonics...fat soluble ones,should mix well with beeswax.....

Brosville 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
Made all the easier with their PR reps in the BBKA weaselling away on their behalf, and getting a salary out of it too!

OXFORDBEE 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
More than 1, numbers seem to go up and down.
Anyone out there tried the electrostatic varroa control product?

Stiffy 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
50+
I noticed this on the Warrebeekeepers Yahoogroup. This may already have been posted but if it was - I missed it.

Original message posted by John Trit.

Monheim, November 16, 2010 – Bayer CropScience announced today that it has acquired a product for the efficient control of varroa mites (Varroa destructor) from Exosect Ltd., Winchester, United Kingdom. The market launch of this new bee health product in the United States is planned for 2011. First registrations in major European countries are expected from 2012 onwards. The acquisition also enables Bayer CropScience to develop innovative bee health solutions and to commercialize new bee health products worldwide. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Source: http://www.press.bayercropscience.com/bcsweb/cropprotection.nsf/id/EN_20101116?open&l=EN&ccm=500020

For sake of conscious: http://www.cbgnetwork.org/

Johns follow up comment is also worthy of note.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:02 am

"Perhaps we should expect Bayer patented genetically modified pesticide-tolerant bees that are engineered to enable bees to withstand doses of pesticides that would otherwise kill them – for a price of course."

Adam
Not a huge fan of Bayer but if the product works .....hooray and good for them!
Cheers
S