Basic supplies

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patrick,
If you are serious about wanting to use this forum for learning and spreading your Bee keeping knowledge I suggest you join again with a different identity. This will allow you to enjoy the forum without being hassled about your connection with Bee Equipment.
I believe your present identity has been tainted with your, not so subtle, advertising which I personally find extremely annoying.
With regard to your company I have generally found the equipment I've purchased to be of good quality, in fact I once commented that your boxes compared very favourably with both Maismore and Thornes but I would be reluctant to use you again as I found your reaction to my complaint about my last purchase to be inadequate.
If you really want to use this forum like the rest of us, cut the adverts, sit back and learn.
You have already paid to advertise on every page of this forum so Bee Equipment is well represented already.

Strange, a quick look at both sites, Thornes don’t have 2nds for sale neither does C Wynne Jones.

Thornes do not generally sell 2nds outside of sale times. If you are referring to sale prices we never get beaten on boxes and hives at sale prices, watch for our sales the next one is the honey show all online. It’s worth pointing out that we import and manufacture Western Red Cedar using a variety of equipment including some of the latest 5 axis CNC equipment
Ok now your just being pedantic your obviously aware Thornes sales just finished. But I think they’ll be available at the honey show and Xmas sales or only a short time away. Maisemores is on atm. As for cwynne you’ve not looked hard enough but site is awful. There available atm. Supers & Brood Boxeslast item bottom of page 1 National second brood £21,50

Reactions: mbc
Just to add I also suggested in a previous post that beeks buy these items from the manufacturers. This was not a dig at you or any small suppliers that sell on . The fact is these items are produced from wet timber (there’s nothing wrong with that). When these items are stored by beeks or brought in bulk by others they dry out. Side walls dish and side bars bend often on substantial knots. If they are purchased and assembled there is not a problem. The same applies to long time storage of second frames. This is not a dig at any or vested interest in any company, it’s simply my attempt at best advice to beginners or those that need it. I’ll also suggest that buying first quality boxes off the shelf is the best way for new beeks to waste money!!! From any company!!

Last edited:
Personally, I have no vested interests at all with no monetary connections to any maker of anything. I was invited to be an agent for Swienty some years ago but declined on the basis of not wanting to tie up money in stock.. A wise move given the investment I have just made in my hand operation. If I like something I will say so and if I don't well I have that freedom too. I have been on the wrong end of more reviews than most and understand the impact they carry, both to the business and to the business owner.

The only Hive I've purchased in a kit is still in a kit in the garage. Life's too short, much prefer to buy the bits ready made.... on that note its not too long until Christmas, deep joy, trying to find one of my two screwdrivers to put together the kids play kitchens or shops that should take a few hours take me until sunrise. I've known Wickes fitters put kitchens in quicker than I can put together a 2year olds fire station toy.

Latest posts

Back