Bargain hunting in Windsor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DulwichGnome

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
8 & 5 nucs all Rose
Just had an email about the Thorne's sale next weekend in Windsor, is any one planning to go?

I'll be there...

I'll be there....

ahhh just realised, maybe busy next weekend ???

Bee there before; Its good fun but you do need to make sure that you've your prizes looked after whilst ferreting about.... It's a mad scramble for goodies... like a grey haired gold rush!!

I've got a trolley but It looks like I will be on my own, as I only need a few items I'm quite happy to team up with someone else to help them out...

PM me if intersted. I will be there EARLY!

Sounds like it would be good to meet up somewhere on the day, any suggestions?

If it is anything like the 'sale day' at Wragby, I would not particularly want to be there. Good luck.

My choice. I went once. Won't go again.

Regards, RAB

Are there any 'unique' items at these sale days which (apart from price) are unobtainable any other way ? .......... possibly not.

So ..... it comes down to economics.

It costs me about £50 in fuel and about 10 hours lost time to attend a 'sale day'.

So ..... it's got to save me £50 in cash in my pocket now ...... and 10 hours of time ...... That's probably a completely lost whole day ..... to make it even worth thinking about attending ........ er, ......

Suddenly, I think I'll phone around, or search on the net for what I need at good prices, from other suppliers ...... I'm surprised sometimes at the deals which can be struck from good suppliers who will do a deal to secure a 'bargain' for both them and me.

Sale days ??? ......... every day is a sale day isn't it ? ......

Last edited:
I live all of 2 miles from the Windsor store.

I'm not planning on going - even on a quiet day, it takes forever to buy something, I can't imagine what it will be like with hordes of beeks descending on the place. The best bit of it is the time to chat with the chap running it - he knows his stuff, and when the local flowers are about to get going!

I've got to pick up some apiguard from Windsor on Friday evening...dusted the hives with icing sugar and found 1 mite on the sticky board - time to treat them.

Latest posts

Back