Quantcast

Banned members

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
Is there a 'naughty step' for banned members? ie can they return to the forum after a certain time, or is it a life sentence?

Antipodes 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
My understanding is that the time penalty is whatever a moderator/s deems meet.

Last edited:

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
It depends on the length of the ban. Some are temporary some not.

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Is there a 'naughty step' for banned members? ie can they return to the forum after a certain time, or is it a life sentence?
It's a bit of a wake up call when you get banned as you not only cannot post anything, you can't PM anyone and you can't even read the forum ... Some people don't learn from a few weeks in the sin bin and their lifetime bans have been well deserved ... and improved the tenor of the forum.

Swarm 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
more than 20, less than 100.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I wondered the same thing and asked Angie
This is not a closed site. Banned can read threads as can logged out people. I had that they could not read /post etc. But I had to set it for something that was a stronger NO for them to be able to do it.
They can log in, see forums, see thread titles, see thread content and attachments. Cannot post, reply, like, upload media, etc. This is the same as for those not logged in.

rolande 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
dadant
I wondered the same thing and asked Angie
Excuse my ignorance, but having not bothered much with this site for a while I can see a few differences to how it used to be ran. Now seeing that you've deferred to 'Angie' I'm wondering whether it's even under the same ownership as it used to be. Time was Mark would have been the person to check with. Just curious about who's in charge.

Gilberdyke John 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I seem to recall seeing a couple of posts recently from someone with banned member in their header. Anyone care to explain?

madasafish 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
8x Langstroth, a few Lang nucs,1x TBH, and about 17 mating mini nucs
Excuse my ignorance, but having not bothered much with this site for a while I can see a few differences to how it used to be ran. Now seeing that you've deferred to 'Angie' I'm wondering whether it's even under the same ownership as it used to be. Time was Mark would have been the person to check with. Just curious about who's in charge.

Angie is Technical moderator.

Click Members Tab above.. Staff Members on left.

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I seem to recall seeing a couple of posts recently from someone with banned member in their header. Anyone care to explain?
Can you find one for me?
Banned members’ posts remain unless the individual ones have been removed.ie their history remains. Just like my moderator badge is there from my very first post.

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
It's not - Mark has 'sold' the forum to an American Company. Angie is their representative and the forum 'Admin'
They were posted before the ban, but the same as if you change your avatar today it will be chaged on every post you've ever made, it goes for the 'Banned' status too

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
It's not - Mark has 'sold' the forum to an American Company. Angie is their representative and the forum 'Admin'

They were posted before the ban, but the same as if you change your avatar today it will be chaged on every post you've ever made, it goes for the 'Banned' status too
Yeah. What I said. 😬

Angie 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@rolande Greetings from the USA. I work with the team here to keep the place going. It is now under new ownership and new software. I check in most days and some days often. You can send me a conversation if you click on my little Avatar, and use the Start a Conversation.
I hope you find the new software easy to use.

Gilberdyke John 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Can you find one for me?
Banned members’ posts remain unless the individual ones have been removed.ie their history remains. Just like my moderator badge is there from my very first post.
Hi Dani, Sent you a report from a recent post with banned member in the header which piqued my interest.

Latest posts