Bako defect stock.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
To add to the previous threads/posts re sources of sugar/fondant.

I visited my local bako in London. I "registered" - which amounted to giving my name and address and gave my order - 12 kg of fondant.

" none in stock ..." says the lady. On hearing my teeth grinding, she offered to check the "defect stock" which as it transpires and as the title suggests is stuff that literally has fallen off the lorry. The sales person explained that it invariably is a case of damaged packaging but stock that they would not normally supply to the food trade. As neither i nor the bees are that fussy, i was more interested to learn that suitable discounts are involved. Presumably as this stock eventually gets dumped.

After all that, I never got to find out just how big a discount. The defect stock did not exist and the lady nicked a good box from a delivery scheduled for next week. Wot a star.

The moral is: when next you are contacting bako, enquire what defect stock they have in your desired product. You might get a pleasant suprise?

Regards

FB

PS FWIW- I paid £11.71 which considering the price of suger plus the last box of fondant i bought from a baker three years ago cost me 10 quids - i am more than happy with that.

Current price from Bako SW is £8.60 per 12.5kg. even better.

Yes this debate on regional price differences has surfaced before. I am sure that if i had haggled more or maybe if my face had fitted better, i might have got it cheaper. For the one box collected, i was happy with what i got

Blimey hivemaker that was quick? You're not stalking me are you?

Stalking you Fred,no way,just happened to be in the right place at the wrong time.....will ask our local bako if they get damaged box's...thank you Fred.

ask your local instore baker at the supermarket most supermarkets are happy to sell raw natriels

Latest posts

Back