Bakers’ fondant

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyfareddol

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Does bakers fondant contain ingredients which may harm bees, such as preservatives, vegetable oils etc?

Some contain titanium white as a food colour but I believe its non toxic

How about this one?

ingredients: Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Palm Oil, Humectant: E422, Emulsifier: E471, Stabiliser: E413, Preservative: E202, Flavouring.

Which one? What brand? Thanks

Sorry. Forgot to paste.

BAKO Select Bako White Professional Regalice Sugarpaste Fondant Icing - Quality You Can Rely On.
Ready to Roll Fondant Icing - Best Price - Excellent Quality
Code: BAKO10
  • £24.99

How about this one?

ingredients: Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Palm Oil, Humectant: E422, Emulsifier: E471, Stabiliser: E413, Preservative: E202, Flavouring.
Doesn't sound like baker's fondant to me - all the Baker's fondants I've come across have nothing but powdered sugar, glucose syrup and water.
What you have there looks more like fondant icing or cake maker's fondant

Sorry. Forgot to paste.

BAKO Select Bako White Professional Regalice Sugarpaste Fondant Icing - Quality You Can Rely On.
Ready to Roll Fondant Icing - Best Price - Excellent Quality
Code: BAKO10
  • £24.99
That is not baker's fondant it's fondant icing, totally different stuff. Bako do bog standard baker's fondant and if you have an account (in this area anyway) it will probably cost less than a tenner for 12.5 Kg

Ingredients of Ambrosia.
It’s expensive at £31 for this box

Attachments

• 89755B53-9E0C-48D1-A9B3-3220341F0A79.jpeg
    89755B53-9E0C-48D1-A9B3-3220341F0A79.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
A search for Bakers Fondant ,Bakers Fondant Icing and Bakers Icing produces the same results. The one I’ve quoted is in all .

A search for Bakers Fondant ,Bakers Fondant Icing and Bakers Icing produces the same results. The one I’ve quoted is in all .
Phone them up then, I always get my bog standard fondant from them - and it's not that crap

That is not baker's fondant it's fondant icing, totally different stuff. Bako do bog standard baker's fondant and if you have an account (in this area anyway) it will probably cost less than a tenner for 12.5 Kg

Link to this product please.

It seems the one with the least ingredients is the Ambrosia plus no palm oil, E- numbers or flavourings.

Ingredients of Ambrosia.
It’s expensive at £31 for this box
Yes, they put a spoonful of invert into it and everyone then says 'ooooh, it's all invert fondant' when in reality it's just bog standard baker's fondant with a drop of fairy dust but three or four times the cost.

Back