Bakers’ fondant

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bees are delighted with the Choco Falls fondant, but just be aware that it is noticeably softer than the fondant I had been using previously (SimonTheBeekeeper / BFP). I think this is because the water content is high teens rather than low teens. This is fine as far as I am concerned (easier for them to take down perhaps) but it does increase the risk of it sagging down between frames if not supported properly. Only an issue if you feed fondant directly on the frame tops, but just wanted to mention it.
I use an eke above the brood box but to support the fondant I now use one of those blue mushroom trays with the side cut down to about an inch and find that it supports the foundation really well, the bees have great access, they dont get crushed but also they don' build comb as badly as placing the fondany direct. Also much easier to take the fondant off using the hort sides as a handle.

Has anyone tried this: PF108165 7kg Cremesuc Inverted Sugar Syrup in a pail with a high dry substance in a soft paste [S.CREMESUC7] - £7.10 : Chocolate Falls
It says it's invert - which you may dismiss as fairy dust, but who knows. The idea of a convenient 7kg pail as a one-stop autumn feed is also appealing. I thought I might try it, if it's still available next year

Interesting. I would want to see an ingredients list before ordering any.

Also, how would you feed it? A "soft paste" would be too dry for a syrup feeder, but too wet for feeding like fondant. I guess you could dilute it with water to make syrup, but then you may as well order actual invert syrup?

Interesting. I would want to see an ingredients list before ordering any.

Also, how would you feed it? A "soft paste" would be too dry for a syrup feeder, but too wet for feeding like fondant. I guess you could dilute it with water to make syrup, but then you may as well order actual invert syrup?
As far as I can see, in a rather fuzzy image, the ingredients list on the tub says simply "crystalized invert sugar syrup". Nothing else

I had some contact (on other products) with Choc Falls and they were very helpful

my local bakery daren't give me any fondant until brexit fiasco settles down .... they suggested costco are good for fondant .... any one had any joy with them ... think my brother in law has a card so might pop by

I do not recall ever seeing fondant in there tbh

Doesn't sound like baker's fondant to me - all the Baker's fondants I've come across have nothing but powdered sugar, glucose syrup and water.
What you have there looks more like fondant icing or cake maker's fondant
Ooohh Er.....it's the Devils fondant! :devilish:

Kent Foods supply half and full pallets of fondant (40/80 12.5kg packs) £680 for 80 delivered last week. Sugar price has gone up and likely to again.
They don’t do small quantities

is it fine to share my contacts number here ? Based at the Bristol depot

Latest posts

Back