Bad news for vegitarians.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hivemaker.

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
They are the most unhealthy sector of society.

A new University of Graz study concludes that vegetarians are more often ill and have a lower quality of living than meat-eaters. According to the German press release, vegetarians “have cancer and heart attacks more often”. The release also says that they show more psychological disorders than meat eaters. Consequently, the report writes, they are a greater burden on the health care system. - See more at: http://notrickszone.com/2014/03/30/...hier-more-mentally-disturbed-than-meat-lovers

http://notrickszone.com/2014/03/30/...an-meat-lovers/#sthash.7TdFNEDc.NyVGIMFd.dpbs

Psychological problems might be an example of self-sorting. This is where a particular lifestyle attracts a certain type personality which happens to have mental issues.

I could argue that most diets today are unhealthy. Witness the number of overweight people in the U.S. and U.K. today.

I guess they never read the China study, or can explain the rise in mental illness, heart attacks, cancers, liver disease and all the other conditions seen in countries which have moved away from a predominately plant based diet.

I only take note of the studies which show order of magnitude changes. To date that means
Eat oily fish regularly
Stay away from trans fats.
Eat less exercise more.
I ride a motorbike not a horse

I consign the rest to noise.

Study me. I am a fine example of a male in his prime with a diet designed for exercise and honing physique..

I have become a vegetable through repeated does of quinine.. (mixed with small quantities of gin to counter the bitter taste).
:cool:

Study me. I am a fine example of a male in his prime with a diet designed for exercise and honing physique..

I have become a vegetable through repeated does of quinine.. (mixed with small quantities of gin to counter the bitter taste).
:cool:

Healthy eating - it ensures you get a good amount of citrus fruit

Psychological problems might be an example of self-sorting. This is where a particular lifestyle attracts a certain type personality which happens to have mental issues.

I could argue that most diets today are unhealthy. Witness the number of overweight people in the U.S. and U.K. today.

We seemed a reasonably healthy nation until the big burger giants from the US infiltrated our food chain 20 years ago. Now they blame it on sugary drinks and as a result our government want to increase the taxation on them, It would be probably a better idea to close the fast food chains down but that would have an impact on our economy and voters decisions for future elections.

We seemed a reasonably healthy nation until the big burger giants from the US infiltrated our food chain 20 years ago. Now they blame it on sugary drinks and as a result our government want to increase the taxation on them, It would be probably a better idea to close the fast food chains down but that would have an impact on our economy and voters decisions for future elections.

Just ensure all taxpayers have their BMI tested yearly and base tax codes and benefits on that..:serenade:

That seems to be the general consensus regards all peer reviewed research.
Actually most "hard" science/engineering research papers are very good its just marginal population based stuff that then get their conclusions sexed up by the press that are the problem. how many journos understand or care about statistical significance metrics? how much hard science gets reported?

Who knows how long that prepacked lot of runner beans, spring onions etc. has been stored before use. Modern packing means food does not start to 'rot' for weeks due to 'packing gases'. By the time it is consumed the nutritional value is virtually nothing, as veg etc, starts to lose it from the moment it's cropped. Growing your own is best, but not everyone has the land to do this. Food manufacturers are mainly to blame for producing the junk! (and us for wanting food as cheap as possible)
Still, glad to know I'm eating the right stuff......apparently!:)

As is usual with matters of diet, extremes aren't good and moderation is.
I love meat but i recon two thirds of my meals are vegetarian, we get to choose three times a day if we're lucky!
I do try and make sure any meat I eat comes from a high welfare background ( I raise my own lamb, pork and chicken) but this can be tricky when eating out, it basically disqualifies mainstream retailers of pies and pasties and most meals in restaraunts, though I consider myself lucky to be living in a part of the world where pretty much all locally sourced lamb and beef is high welfare.

Honey and Cinnamon every morning with porridge!! and steak, pork, beef, chicken and fish!! Bring it on!

Plenty of exercise and eat what you want.

Great when young. As I approach the end of my 7th decade, I can no longer run (hamstrings), I can still walk but gardening produces more aches and pains and I cannot work flat out 9-5 physically as I used to.

So food intake has to fall as I don't want to be a fatty..

Latest posts

Back