Bad Beekeepers Club

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davethegas

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Anyone after a bliddy good laugh, try The Bad Beekeepers Club by Bill Turnbull, presenter, strictly come dancing, etc. It catalogues all the disasters he has made as a beek, from squashing queens(3 times !!) to a hilarious chimney extraction. After wading through Hooper, this is a real tonic by a beek who openly admits to his cock ups with real humour. Clangers? He's dropped em all. £7.00ish, Amazon. dtg

Last edited:
I have a copy of this book.
We could run a compo and use it for the winner.
Something like the biggest/funniest mistake you have made as a Beekeeper.

What do members think ?

MrB

Yeah, when I finally get my head in a hive, I'm sure after reading that book it'll be a clear case of Deja vu before long.(Lol) Dtg.

I have a copy of this book.
We could run a compo and use it for the winner.
Something like the biggest/funniest mistake you have made as a Beekeeper.

What do members think ?

Sounds like a good idea Admin.

Saw Bill talking about it on some prog on another. Sounds like a good read, one for the Xmas list me thinks. :D

Shame you already have it DTG,for a picture of your head in a hive of bees you could of won it.

admin & jimbeekeeper

Thanks guys, never realised how that read until you pointed it out. Lol. DTG

This book is dire, I was gifted it for Christmas and feel the need to warm others, Bill you are DULL DULL DULL man.

This man could kill any subject matter.

Save your pennies ppl

JD

Last edited:
This book is dire, I was gifted it for Christmas and feel the need to warm others, Bill you are DULL DULL DULL man.

This man could kill any subject matter.

Save your pennies ppl

JD

On the other hand - I read it sometime ago and very much enjoyed it. Though it might not be particularly useful as a beekeeping textbook, it was amusing and reassuring (in that I realised I was not alone in getting things wrong from time to time).

I have recommended it to others, who have also enjoyed it.

On the other hand - I read it sometime ago and very much enjoyed it. Though it might not be particularly useful as a beekeeping textbook, it was amusing and reassuring (in that I realised I was not alone in getting things wrong from time to time).

I have recommended it to others, who have also enjoyed it.

:iagree: treat it as an amusing book rather than as a manual ind IMHO well worth the read

dont get me wrong, after seeing others feedback I really wanted to enjoy but its just so slow and ....errr well dull :) if he is a bad beekeeper then I must be a blo*dy disaster lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back