Bad Beekeepers Club, by Bill Turnbull

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nopants

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
Just had the book for Christmas. Absolutely fantastic read and very funny. I must admit Im a member of the Bad Beekeepers Club and can recognise the same mistakes as Bill has made. Well worth a read and very informative for new beginners! I wonder if Bill is on this Forum ? Perhaps he can Pm me...LOL

I think he is here.

We (The new beeks) provide him with all his information.:)

Bill's book

Hi

I read it 2 weeks ago.........it's really easy to read........and funny...........and there are no technical mish mash ideas just straightforward explanations for everyday events......
I'm not sure you learn much about the technical side but what you do learn is how much fun it is, and that to me is what beekeeping should be about for the everyday guy/girl

Happy Christmas

roy

Just had the book for Christmas. Absolutely fantastic read and very funny. I must admit Im a member of the Bad Beekeepers Club and can recognise the same mistakes as Bill has made. Well worth a read and very informative for new beginners! I wonder if Bill is on this Forum ? Perhaps he can Pm me...LOL

Me too - really enjoying it!

My mother read it before she gave it to me - said she learned a lot :rolleyes:

I seem to recall that it has had some very sniffy reviews on this forum. And there is little risk that by reading it anyone would become an expert beekeeper. But it is one of the more amusing books about the subject - and if that encourages someone else to give beekeeping a go, I am all for it.

Latest posts

Back