B day tomorrow!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrB

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well its been a long wait!
but will have my bee's fri evening. cant wait, i feel like a child waiting for christmas!
I have learnt a lot over the last 9 months, (yep a full term pregnancy!) from the many books that i have read, many programes and videos, theory and practical course. but what has been priceless is the help, info, and pearls of wisdom gained from this forum, thank you all!
I guess this is where the learning realy starts!
Many thanks go again to "Hivemaker" for providing me with 2 fantastic hives ( i will be having more!) and for the advice and encouragment on the phone.
i will no doubt be posting a lot more soon on the forum as the questions start to crop up! Thanks in advance coz i know the answers will be in there some where!

Wish me luck ( i think
i am gonna need it! :) )

Last edited:
Good luck, Mr B! I've found the learning really only began once the bees had arrived.

And a year later, I'm still floundering around in the dark .... :willy_nilly:

Hi, mine are coming today and I'm only slightly panicking......
Do I spray them with water or not?
Shall I move them this afternoon from Nuc to hive or not?
Should I feed them syrup or not?
Those and a thousand other questions are running through my head!
All the best to you and yours, Graeme

Hi, mine are coming today and I'm only slightly panicking......
Do I spray them with water or not?
Shall I move them this afternoon from Nuc to hive or not?
Should I feed them syrup or not?
Those and a thousand other questions are running through my head!
All the best to you and yours, Graeme

Welcome to the forums Graeme

Depends if you getting a package or a nuc and is the queen in a cage.

If its a nuc with frames and the queen is free, they will be fine to put into your hive after you allow them to calm down a little in the shade for an hour before you transfer them. No need to feed if they have plenty of stores on the frames.

If its a package then I would transfer the queen cage first and make sure you remember to remove the plug or cover to the candy, so she can get out once the candy has been eaten away then mist the package before putting them into your hive and feed them a 1:1 to help them get started drawing out the frames.

Give them a few days undisturbed before you check the cage to see if the queen has been released and top up the feeder.

Latest posts

Back