Awaiting the season

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Have you noticed how quiet the forum has gone?

Have you felt how the trees seem now to be holding their "breath" waiting, not so patiently now, the true arrival of spring.

She is late, ever so late, and all the living creatures are now impatient for the first real warm day to say, as the daffs nod in the breeze, that it is finally here, Spring has arrived.

Impatiently,

PH

If spring is late it will arrive with bang.........hopefully

double figures at the weekend.... 12 degrees on tuesday! :hat:

... sad really.... watching the weather with baited breath counting each degree as it slowly climbs upwards.... then going into depression when it sinks back downwards...

Yes, the variability of nature makes things interesting.

It's not only pure temperature. I was planning to check one of mine for food today, but despite it saying 9 degrees on the thermometer there is a chilly north east wind so I'm leaving them alone.

I dont think she is late its perhaps we have got used to her being early

I dont think she is late its perhaps we have got used to her being early

Just what my wife keeps telling me as I check the thermometer!

I hope next week does get a little warmer as expected or else the Thermometer will be in the bin.

It does not help that its about a foot long with "Thornes" printed on it just to remind me I once used to look at frames of bees.

It must be sending beekeepers stircrazy as we have never had so many members reading the forum everyday,I think they are just to boared and frustrated to post anything.

Looking at the stats I believe the forum posting will expload as spring does.

I hate you all !!!!!

working from home today as littlun is sick, (no really i am working), anyway this thread made me pick up my records from last year.

This weekend last year my bees were going off like rockets, Admin may recall as his were doing the same, before the 4th week in march they had drawn out a second brood box full of foundation.

I look out my window today and its grey, very cold and raining, have yet to even attempt a peek, how things change.

Back to work....... :seeya:

max 5'c here today but it does look very warm by midweek coming.

JD

it hit 13 deg here today but it has now gone very cold.

Our mid-lent fair will be here this week so not expecting the weather to improve until after it leaves.

30 years ago, seemed it always flooded (parts of it) at some time during the week; now it always seemed to come really cold (stay cold this year?).

I always used to remove my beard on the equinox and it always seemed to be freezing for the next week! So I would expect things will improve before the end of the month.

Regards, RAB

We have some blackbirds building nests in the garden - they think spring is coming!

The surface of my garden pond is full of frogs at the moment in the usual mating frenzy! so they think spring has finally arrived. Bees were out foraging yesterday, but not today.

It's forecast to be 12 - 13 degrees here for the next few days. Beautiful and sunny and the bees are flying really strongly.

I am suffering newbeek anxiety - will I be able to resist the temptation to leave the hives alone for a bit longer?

The 'bee watching' season arrived today. Beautiful sunny day, 13C, bees went balistic.

I can still touch my toes.

Genuinely impressive, Philip.

By definition, beekeepers are somewhat active but the pressures and temptations on the diet of all of us are horrific. A long walk needs to be as "tempting" as a Coke and Cadbury's creme egg and it's not obvious how to do that...

Genuinely impressive, Philip.

By definition, beekeepers are somewhat active but the pressures and temptations on the diet of all of us are horrific. A long walk needs to be as "tempting" as a Coke and Cadbury's creme egg and it's not obvious how to do that...

You realise this thread is from 2010?

Ooh; weird; never seen it before! Was replying to Philip's post on obesity. A bug. Sorry.

Odd that it's a Poly Hive thread when people are discussing him.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back