Autoclave

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Miriads
fleabuy 170567160762

Now here is a business opputinity for an advanced Beek!

not only used frames but whole hives and all equipment could be totally steralised in this!

I was thinking along the lines of steam steralisation for second hand equipment that I have aquired

and we used to have a HUGE autoclave in the Marine labs but not as big as this one!!

If I were you I wouldnt suggest it to my bank manager...

this should be linked to the hives for sale 400 on fleabuy.......

guy selling them has one on auction for £40 pluss £20 P&P or buy it now for £50 inc delivery

could not say if in cedar or reclaimed planking... and said frames still had some bees and wax in them!

Cheap... I have just paid loads more for cedar nationals without frames... and a 200 mile round trip to collect !

an autoclave put a colleague of mine in hospital. He opened it before the temperature had dropped sufficiently and there was still pressure inside.

Broken ribs, broken collar bone, collapsed lung

an autoclave put a colleague of mine in hospital. He opened it before the temperature had dropped sufficiently and there was still pressure inside.

Broken ribs, broken collar bone, collapsed lung

am surpised that there was not a system in place that made it impossible to open it while it was still under pressure....

Dishmop, there were safeguards but people are good at finding shortcuts.

The point we are both making is that autoclaves can be dangerous and one bought of ebay - well who knows what safety features it has.

Latest posts

Back