Auctions and selling bees and hive equipment.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I was wondering if admin or site mds, have ever thought about putting an auction function on here for folk to sell bees and equipment.. A bit like ebay etc..
Thanks mark
I haven’t
Does the buying and selling section not work perfectly well already?

I would quite like to see some auctions on here. Not a bBay affair, more a yearly event. An equipment only auction, no bees, in the winter would probably be most practical to implement.

But I understand the complications involved and the problems commerce brings with disputes and what not.

So completely understand why a small minority of people are agents it 😇

Ok - I am probably alone on this one.

I would quite like to see some auctions on here. Not a bBay affair, more a yearly event. An equipment only auction, no bees, in the winter would probably be most practical to implement.

But I understand the complications involved and the problems commerce brings with disputes and what not.

So completely understand why a small minority of people are agents it 😇

Ok - I am probably alone on this one.
No your not, that was really my thoughts, it doesn't have to be like ebay..
As there hasn't been any shows or auctions at the association or anywhere for that matter.
Perhaps you could even get the beekeeping supplies to come on board and charge a fee from them, it would add to the pot so to speak. You could Get them to advertise there "sale items"
And seconds + thirds.

This would save having to go to there sites.. And thornes is sugar honey ice tea imo.

Don't try to fix what isn't busted. Ebay has it's uses as do other auction sites. Or there's a beekeeping equipment for sale group on FB which you can check out

No your not, that was really my thoughts, it doesn't have to be like ebay..
As there hasn't been any shows or auctions at the association or anywhere for that matter.
Perhaps you could even get the beekeeping supplies to come on board and charge a fee from them, it would add to the pot so to speak. You could Get them to advertise there "sale items"
And seconds + thirds.

This would save having to go to there sites.. And thornes is sugar honey ice tea imo.
I doubt suppliers would be keen to do that when they spend '000s on their websites yearly.

:iagree:
This forum works wonders as a discussion platform with a few additions. We all know where we can go for bargains in beekeeping equipment so let's not compete.

I originally joined/used this forum because it was then truly independent and "free from" encumbrances. I teetered, hesitated but have stumbled on since it became American. I would not want to to see it go down a commercial route any more than it currently is. Just a thought, how many of us have the 'adverts' turned off !?

I originally joined/used this forum because it was then truly independent and "free from" encumbrances. I teetered, hesitated but have stumbled on since it became American. I would not want to to see it go down a commercial route any more than it currently is. Just a thought, how many of us have the 'adverts' turned off !?

Not me, some of them are quite amusing. Keeping the adverts means I don't feel obliged to support the forum financially.

Latest posts

Back