Quantcast

Auctions and selling bees and hive equipment.

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi, I was wondering if admin or site mds, have ever thought about putting an auction function on here for folk to sell bees and equipment.. A bit like ebay etc..
Thanks mark
I haven’t
Does the buying and selling section not work perfectly well already?

bobba 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I would quite like to see some auctions on here. Not a bBay affair, more a yearly event. An equipment only auction, no bees, in the winter would probably be most practical to implement.

But I understand the complications involved and the problems commerce brings with disputes and what not.

So completely understand why a small minority of people are agents it 😇

Ok - I am probably alone on this one.

Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
35 this winter
I would quite like to see some auctions on here. Not a bBay affair, more a yearly event. An equipment only auction, no bees, in the winter would probably be most practical to implement.

But I understand the complications involved and the problems commerce brings with disputes and what not.

So completely understand why a small minority of people are agents it 😇

Ok - I am probably alone on this one.
No your not, that was really my thoughts, it doesn't have to be like ebay..
As there hasn't been any shows or auctions at the association or anywhere for that matter.
Perhaps you could even get the beekeeping supplies to come on board and charge a fee from them, it would add to the pot so to speak. You could Get them to advertise there "sale items"
And seconds + thirds.

This would save having to go to there sites.. And thornes is sugar honey ice tea imo.

Gilberdyke John 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Don't try to fix what isn't busted. Ebay has it's uses as do other auction sites. Or there's a beekeeping equipment for sale group on FB which you can check out

jeff33 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
14 now...and still counting
No your not, that was really my thoughts, it doesn't have to be like ebay..
As there hasn't been any shows or auctions at the association or anywhere for that matter.
Perhaps you could even get the beekeeping supplies to come on board and charge a fee from them, it would add to the pot so to speak. You could Get them to advertise there "sale items"
And seconds + thirds.

This would save having to go to there sites.. And thornes is sugar honey ice tea imo.
I doubt suppliers would be keen to do that when they spend '000s on their websites yearly.

Newbeeneil 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
35 plus 19 that I maintain for clients.
:iagree:
This forum works wonders as a discussion platform with a few additions. We all know where we can go for bargains in beekeeping equipment so let's not compete.

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
I originally joined/used this forum because it was then truly independent and "free from" encumbrances. I teetered, hesitated but have stumbled on since it became American. I would not want to to see it go down a commercial route any more than it currently is. Just a thought, how many of us have the 'adverts' turned off !?

Amari 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I originally joined/used this forum because it was then truly independent and "free from" encumbrances. I teetered, hesitated but have stumbled on since it became American. I would not want to to see it go down a commercial route any more than it currently is. Just a thought, how many of us have the 'adverts' turned off !?
Not me, some of them are quite amusing. Keeping the adverts means I don't feel obliged to support the forum financially.

Latest posts