Auction snipers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Does anyone use auction sniping tools if so do they work and what one do you use. I am fed up of being out bid at the last few seconds lol.

Does anyone use auction sniping tools if so do they work and what one do you use. I am fed up of being out bid at the last few seconds lol.

or worse still, forgetting about an auction...

my issues with this software is handing over your ebay account details and password to a third party

Last edited:
I tried one a while ago and didn`t get on with it. I thing they should extend the auction by 3 minutes everytime there is a bid right at the end to stop it.

I am fed up of being out bid at the last few seconds

Tightwad! That is because you don't think it is worth what the winning bidder is prepared to pay. If you 'snipe' too low, you will still be outbid. Just remember, to win an auction you have to bid more than everyone else thinks it is worth!

Regards, RAB

Another vote for Auctionsniper ... you get the first three snipes free and then pay a percentage, not a high percentage but it can get significant for high value items. I've used it for a couple of years now and it's never failed to place the bid as instructed.

It's got a couple of good features if you're after a regularly advertised item at the lowest price - you put the items into a bid group, set your bid amount and indicate the total number you want to buy. It stops bidding once it's won the amount indicated.

Recommended for the forgetful ... but not as exciting as placing the bid manually :)

Latest posts

Back