Auction - MVBKA this Saturday

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somerford

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Wiltshire, Somerset, S Glos & S Oxfordshire
Hive Type
National
Hi all

Meon Valley Bee Auction this Saturday 26th May at
Greatham Village Hall, nr Petersfield, Hampshire
GU336AD

Around 200 lots entered so far

Let me know if anyone is going and we can put names to faces

KR

Somerford

I will be on scullery duties in the kitchen

come and say hello

Have you seen the catalogue?

Five lots of bees and lots of national stock

I had it via email and sadly I cant make it. The OP might not make it, poor love has hurt his back and done something very dodgy in his leg after running in his kids sports day Snr veterans race. He's not getting any younger but you can't tell him.

I'm trying to get there but although there's 200 lots there's not a lot that I really need .. but it's a social event and the cakes are always good !!

You'll recognise me I'm the one in a khaki floppy hat with short arms and very deep pockets ! They will have to tempt me ... rather hoping for a rainy day as it tends to get very busy and expensive when the sun shines (sorry ....)

You can take the man out of Yorkshire but ........

I had it via email and sadly I cant make it. The OP might not make it, poor love has hurt his back and done something very dodgy in his leg after running in his kids sports day Snr veterans race. He's not getting any younger but you can't tell him.

Cheeky sod

Amazing what codeine and then napraxol this morning does to ones back
Oh and a heat lamp for 30 min last night

S

Hi, just out of interest if anybody went today to the auction... what sort of prices did the bees go for?

Thanks simon

Somerford has got the whole list of prices as I was in the kitchen the whole day!!

Five lots of bees

Prices reported
6 frame nuc £200
Larger hive £250

Good day -cake very good- lots of local clubs present and lots of chat

areas reporting many beeks lost their bees overwinter

swarming very late and not many swarms (although one reported during the auction)

Swarm collectors report many swarms flighty and absconding from Skeps before being moved

Latest posts

Back