Attacked without provocation .....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diabetes might also be a possibility for getting stung!

Hi All,
I'm a type 2 diabetic, the bees are the reason I was diagnosed swirling around my veil .

Hi All,
I'm a type 2 diabetic, the bees are the reason I was diagnosed swirling around my veil .[/QUOTE

Telling your Dr that bees are all over your veil isn't something I would ever think to mention! Did you have other symptoms that alerted you.

Skin tags. Floaters. Visual acuity. Thirst. Peeing lots. Cold extremities. Spots. Persistent skin infections. Thrush. UTIs. Mood swings etc.

Skin tags. Floaters. Visual acuity. Thirst. Peeing lots. Cold extremities. Spots. Persistent skin infections. Thrush. UTIs. Mood swings etc.

I have some of those (and a few more) but not diabetic..

My sweat smells like cat's pee!

You wouldn't happen to be on an Atkins diet by any chance, would you? People who are on high protein diet often smell like pear drops, and the sence of smell is subjective. Different people smell things in different ways.

You wouldn't happen to be on an Atkins diet by any chance, would you? People who are on high protein diet often smell like pear drops, and the sence of smell is subjective. Different people smell things in different ways.

You know, this is a fascinating line of why well-behaved bees might suddenly act "off" even in good conditions. I regard unbalanced diets like Atkins as insane, but I run lean and if I skip a meal, sometimes catch the ketones on my own sense of smell. So a good bowl of oats a couple of hours before inspection would solve that one.

Latest posts

Back