at last

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyballdy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi to every one,
I have been learning as much as i could,books local BKA and the forum last year so felt ready to take the plunge.
At last i have a coloney installed in the garden (national)
Looking forward to putting in to practice the theory and realy start to learn what bee keeping is all about.
Well I thought i was ready,not sure now.I belive this to be the normal state to be in.

Welcome - beekeeper :) Now the fun starts- have you got a mentor you can call on- so reassuring-saves sleepless nights too.:ack2:

Hi Well I thought i was ready,not sure now.I belive this to be the normal state to be in.

Absolutely- I recognise that feeling. That's what stimulates you to keep learning.

Enjoy. :D

I recognise that feeling too, good luck Gary, you'll soon realise there are thousands of questions that you need to ask! Remember there are alot of us in the same boat and alot of people on here who are really helpful.

welcome gary, i started last year and remember how great it feels to get your first bee's.
i am soon to get my next colony and can say that the anticipation is just as great!
good luck, keep coming back here as there is a mine of information and some very helpfull people.

It's very like bringing a new baby home from hospital - in fact the months that follow are, too. You try to work out what this bundle (colony or baby) is signifying it needs and try to provide what nourishment or conditions are required. You worry they will be too cold - or too hot. Their health is a constant concern and whether they have enough food. If you have to give them medication you watch for improvement or worry about an adverse reaction.
But the awe and wonder - anticipated and unexpected - are magical.

Tricia

Latest posts

Back