Association mite treatments this autumn.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, do a winter OA treatment but research suggests it's better done around Nov/Dec than Dec/Jan.
Thank you I will, thought I may get the vaporiser that attaches to a battery

If you’re getting one of those and have only a few hives a car jump starter fits in your pocket and should do about six vapes. Much handier than a big battery
They work a treat, I brought one the other week. Very handy and cheaper than buying a battery and the charger.

They work a treat, I brought one the other week. Very handy and cheaper than buying a battery and the charger.

Where did you buy it please? Links?

Where did you buy it please? Links?
This is the one I have, Arteck K12 800mAh, 300A peak. Brought it off Amazon. It was about £36.99. The only downside is that it times out during the 2.5 min OA heating so I have to quickly restart it. Not a problem if you are doing a couple of hives, but could be if you have lots. It may well be a ‘feature’ that all models have as they are designed to give a quick surge of current to kick start a car rather than a constant flow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
The higher the mAh you have the longer it lasts.
I think mine is 1800. We use it to start the camper occasionally

The higher the mAh you have the longer it lasts.
I think mine is 1800. We use it to start the camper occasionally
Thanks. That explains why it cuts out. Its a bit of a pain, but I pause the timer, reset the charger and resume the process.

Thanks ladies Xmas is coming and I might add it to my armoury :)

For my my vape pans I use some very small 15.6a 3s/ 31.2a discharge current li-on packs which I spot welded up, they also now run my 12v bee-vac, one doesn't need high end 300a draw lithium packs to run a vape pan though they do come in handy for jumps starting an ICE engine.
I also use 3s lipo 4500mah capable of 1300a surge, cost though was about £53 though it's main purpose is as battery source for spot welding nickel/copper to li-on cells.

Latest posts

Back