Aspiring to success?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does it mean by "spinning resin", ... propolis, but you don't spin it? Or....

"We got two twin tubs from an auction, one for spinning honey and one for spinning resin"

It probably is a very valuable company. The appetite of the gullible to buy unregulated "health" products (like propolis in this case) is almost unlimited.

Anyone harvested propolis? I didn't know you spun it??? I thought you place a sheet of fine mesh where the Dummy Board goes (Nationals have a space for a Dummy Board), and then you take it out at the end of the year, pop it in the freezer, then bend the plastic (type) mesh and it cracks / pops off?

Anyone harvested propolis? I didn't know you spun it??? I thought you place a sheet of fine mesh where the Dummy Board goes (Nationals have a space for a Dummy Board), and then you take it out at the end of the year, pop it in the freezer, then bend the plastic (type) mesh and it cracks / pops off?
Yes that's how you do it ... often thought about it as my bees will propolise for England ... I think the spinning out of propolis is a newspaper hack who has 'misunderstood' what was said .... a fairly regular occurrence in our newspapers !

I think there's a lot of questions unanswered in that article. Is he even a beekeeper? who on earth would extract honey in a washing machine? especially for selling on as retail.
He's obviously made a success of whatever venture he had but the article fails to mention exactly what he was selling.

I think there's a lot of questions unanswered in that article. Is he even a beekeeper? who on earth would extract honey in a washing machine? especially for selling on as retail.
He's obviously made a success of whatever venture he had but the article fails to mention exactly what he was selling.
There was someone on here a few years ago - can't remember who - that was suggesting heather honey could be extracted with an old style spin drier ...

Edit: That would have been polyhive then ...

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/threads/press-for-heather-honey-cappings.44791/#post-677246

Last edited:
Put the mesh screen on top of the frames under the crown board. They can propolise it within a week if you have the right (or wrong?!) sort of bees.

Latest posts

Back