jenkinsbrynmair 

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Hot off the press - I wonder if the loud shouters/BBKA will try to blame Bee Products for this as well!?

jenkinsbrynmair 

BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Do they have a network set up like in UK to try and source the nest?
No idea - but in this case I think they are pretty confident that it was a singleton probably brought in in freight or something

Hachi 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
No idea - but in this case I think they are pretty confident that it was a singleton probably brought in in freight or something
There's always more than one way to win a war ;)

jenkinsbrynmair 

BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
And same as us they have a sentinel system and their equivalent of the NBU have put traps in the area - the inspectors have already searched and found no evidence of nests in the vicinity

Torq 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
4 Hives, 4 Nucs.
It appears that the hard frost we've had during the week put paid to it.

Just to nit pick, we are not Eire unless you are speaking as gaeilge, it would be like me saying that I'm going to Cymru on my holidays. When speaking English our country is called Ireland.

Ian123 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
It appears that the hard frost we've had during the week put paid to it.

Just to nit pick, we are not Eire unless you are speaking as gaeilge, it would be like me saying that I'm going to Cymru on my holidays. When speaking English our country is called Ireland.
It’s alright he’s welsh.

jeff33 

Drone Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
14 now...and still counting
And we all look the same
And go by the same name, Dai Jones!

I think saying 'Iam going to Cymru or Eire' is right and should be encouraged, it's called immersing in culture... that argument of 'when speaking English' is probably why British in general are pretty poor at speaking foreign languages....and shouting louder doesn't change anything 😉

jeff33 

Drone Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
14 now...and still counting
I think Brits are poor at other languages because we are brilliant at understanding, tolerating and helping those with poor English.
You mean those who actually make an effort to speak a foreign language or the natives that can't actually speak their own language properly? If the former, I rest my case.

Karol 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
I think Brits are poor at other languages because we are brilliant at understanding, tolerating and helping those with poor English.
Helping those who speak poor English. Sorry to have to correct your grammar.

Gilberdyke John 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
And go by the same name, Dai Jones!

I think saying 'Iam going to Cymru or Eire' is right and should be encouraged, it's called immersing in culture... that argument of 'when speaking English' is probably why British in general are pretty poor at speaking foreign languages....and shouting louder doesn't change anything 😉
Come on now - English is understood worldwide (if it's spoken loudly enough)

BugsInABox 

Field Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
tbh
Number of Hives
You mean those who actually make an effort to speak a foreign language or the natives that can't actually speak their own language properly? If the former, I rest my case.
I mean we are better at supporting novice English speakers when we encounter them.

Apiarist 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
too many for one apiary
Nothing to worry about then, ... err ... isn't that how it started in France,...
suddenly I'm glad that we're having terrible weather - I mean have terrible weather!

BeeJam 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Attempting to speak a foreign language is cultural appropriation, and that's racist. - Ricky Gervais