Asian Giant Hornet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have already been nests destroyed in the UK ... so they are here - just visitors and illegal immigrants but it's only a matter of time if we are not vigilant. My traps are out ..as we are in the front line down here on the South Coast.

There have already been nests destroyed in the UK ... so they are here - just visitors and illegal immigrants but it's only a matter of time if we are not vigilant. My traps are out ..as we are in the front line down here on the South Coast.

The article is about Mandarinia

The article is about Mandarinia

Ahhh .. skip read it ... missed that !

My Cousin lives in Nanaimo and she was telling me they had asian hornets there that were killing bees .. I rather assumed they were the same ones heading in our direction across the channel - I can see why she was a bit concerned.

Last edited:
The article is about Mandarinia but the lead picture is Velutina.

The usual high quality well researched clap trap from the guardian - unfortunately absorbed by far too many people who then go on to preach as experts on the matter...........must be in a overly sensitive mood this morning - apologies

The usual high quality well researched clap trap from the guardian - unfortunately absorbed by far too many people who then go on to preach as experts on the matter...........must be in a overly sensitive mood this morning - apologies
If it were only The Guardian......................Lazy, or purposely misleading journalism knows no frontiers.

Journalists!!!.... you need a BA in liturature to declare that worms are the heros of our planet... as per Countryfile last night ( Real Scientsts carnt spel!)

I know they're a real pest but I don't think incinerating Guardian readers is the answer
But then again :unsure:.................................................................

Now that's a very good idea.. But the HSE would never approve..:eek::eek:

If it were only The Guardian......................Lazy, or purposely misleading journalism knows no frontiers.

You were referring to the Daily Wail.. Full of WW2, Priness Di, etc...

Poor buggers have to make a living don't yer know!

Latest posts

Back