Ashes in Australia

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vergilius

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
6ish
One way to brighten up a freezing, dark november for me. Let the battle commence...

Ben P

PS Any other cricketers/beekeepers out there?

Not a cricket player but love test cricket and especially the radio commentary it is going to be hard keeping up with it setting the alarm early to try and catch at least a few hours of the coverage.
One thing is clear only the 2nd day but it looks 50/50 and set for a close series and one hopes for the right and just victory for the barmy army.

Not a cricket player but love test cricket and especially the radio commentary it is going to be hard keeping up with it setting the alarm early to try and catch at least a few hours of the coverage.
One thing is clear only the 2nd day but it looks 50/50 and set for a close series and one hopes for the right and just victory for the barmy army.

Yeah very close. Hopefully we can knock them over early tonight and then bat out the day without losing too many wickets. Woke up coughing @ 5 this morning, couldn't get back to sleep and just decided to give up and catch the last hour of play...

Ben P

Played up at Oxford with a few MCC players,that was a while ago though.
In fact one of my main interveiw questions from an Aussie professor was what number I went in at,after saying I could play a bit he asked if I had my whites in the car as I would be playing in the parks that evening if given the post.

I got the post and managed to do ok on the field.

I think its 55% - 45% to the Aussies so far,lets hope we can claw a little back tonight.

Played up at Oxford with a few MCC players,that was a while ago though.
In fact one of my main interveiw questions from an Aussie professor was what number I went in at,after saying I could play a bit he asked if I had my whites in the car as I would be playing in the parks that evening if given the post.

I got the post and managed to do ok on the field.

Awesome Admin!

Great day for England! Unless disaster strikes tomorrow I don't think we can lose this test thanks to Cook, Strauss and Trott.

Ben P

There's a rumour going around that the Aussies might get Shane Warne out of retirement for Perth.
:rofl:

Retirement from what? Is that from cricket or from work? He must soon be ready for his OAP! But there again the Aussies need to try something!!

Regards, RAB

Shane Warne ?
I think it's Sheila Warne now..

I cant see him bowling much over 55mph.

I think he's only in his early 40's - which maybe isn't over the hill for a spinner. But he'd be a bit of a liability in the field.

Pretty sure he's 42, but more importantly hasn't played for 3 years or more.

Very much doubt they could afford him anyway, think he's just milking the publicity

Isn't the cricket brilliant? Shame I can't actually watch it but I have enjoyed the radio. Especially Boycott when we won.
Cazza

It's been great !

But I do hope they put up more of a fight next time - it would be SUCH a shame if we thrashed them by an innings every time. :smash: :smash:

:party:

I thought he played in the IPL last season.
Cricket is the only sport where I wholeheartedly support England ( or more correctly England and Wales as its the England and Wales cricket board the team is selected from ! ) Bring back the ashes boys !

Shane Warne

He is finally retiring fully from all forms of cricket at the end of the next IPL... However he last played a first class match over three years ago... At 41 he is definitely past his best but, IMO, a ropey Warne is still probably better than any of the other choices in Australia's decidedly bare spin bowling cupboard. Having said this, Warnie is currently on our shores doing a promo or somesuch in between the Test matches so the chances of a return for our nemesis is pretty slim (unlike Warne's current beer-belly!!!!)

Come on England!!!!!

Ben P

Latest posts

Back