Ashes in Australia

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ouch - acute pain in the wallet.

Well done England you have retained the Ashes now go on and take the series to really rub it in.

Ashes retained. Now time to rub it in with a series victory. Step up mr Swann for a Sydney turner plz...

Ben P

IMO a really good day for England- they never let Aus run away.

More of the same plz...

Ben P

Aussies doing a rain dance..

They did? That's about the only thing that has actually worked these last two tests, then?

Trouble was it was a bit like the Australian batsmen; didn' last long enough!!

Well done England.

RAB

A "Dad's Army" quotation come to mind:-

They don't like it up 'em.

Well done a real team effort.

Q. What do you call an Aussie with a bottle of champagne?
A. A waiter

Q. What do you call an Aussie who can hold a catch?
A. A fisherman

Q. Why can no one drink wine in Australia at the moment?
A. They don't have any openers

Q. What's the difference between Cinderella and the Aussies?
A. Cinderella knew when to leave the ball

Q. What do you call a world class Australian cricketer?
A. Retired

Ring Ring.....
“Hello - Australian team dressing room”
“Hello mate...Can I speak to Ricky Ponting please?”
“Sorry mate - he's just gone out to bat...”
“It's OK - I'll hold....”

Q. What is the height of optimism?
A. An Australian batsman putting on sunscreen.

Q. What would Jimmy Anderson be if he was Australian?
A. An all rounder.

Q. What is the main function of the Australian coach?
A. To transport the team from the hotel to the ground.

Q. Why don't Australian fielders need pre tour travel injections?
A. Because they never catch anything.

Q. What's the Australian version of LBW?
A. Lost, Beaten and Walloped.

Q. What do you call an Australian with 100 runs against his name?
A. A bowler.

Q. What's the most proficient form of footwork displayed by Ponting?
A. The walk back to the pavilion.

Q. Who has the easiest job in the Australian squad?
A. The guy who removes the red ball marks from the bats.

Q. What do Australian batsmen and drug addicts have in common?
A. Both spend most of their time wondering where their next score will come
from.

Q. Why are Australian cricketers cleverer than Houdini?
A. Because they can get out without even trying.

Q. What does Steve Smith put in his hands to make sure the next ball almost
always takes a wicket?
A. A bat

A bloke walks into a brothel and says: "I'm a bit kinky, how much for total humiliation?"

The madam replies $60.

"Wow, what do I get for that?" he says.

She says: "A baggy green cap and an Australia cricket shirt”.

Hope all are enjoying the test from Hobart! First Ashes test ever here.
Very "English" conditions with that green top yesterday afternoon. With Australia something like 3/12 early on and the ball seaming everywhere, Smith out, I thought it could all be over quickly, but some nice counterpunching from Head and Green. Robinson looks injured, Stokes isn't bowling? It's a really steamy morning for Hobart today, with a possible storm this afternoon, rain issues could be a concern, but the last days look to be fine.

Reactions: mbc
Hope all are enjoying the test from Hobart! First Ashes test ever here.
Very "English" conditions with that green top yesterday afternoon. With Australia something like 3/12 early on and the ball seaming everywhere, Smith out, I thought it could all be over quickly, but some nice counterpunching from Head and Green. Robinson looks injured, Stokes isn't bowling? It's a really steamy morning for Hobart today, with a possible storm this afternoon, rain issues could be a concern, but the last days look to be fine.
How very depressing it all is.....
Now we‘re in for extended stewards enquiries after which nothing of any impact will happen, leading to another spectacular failure in 18 months time when the Aussies next visit Blighty.

When I played for the school team ( not cricket) we were as good as our last game. A place in the team wasn’t guaranteed. We lived on a knife edge about it. The coach had the last word, not the players.

How very depressing it all is.....
Now we‘re in for extended stewards enquiries after which nothing of any impact will happen, leading to another spectacular failure in 18 months time when the Aussies next visit Blighty.
On the evening of the third day at 0/68 and not chasing too much, I thought England might win, but then somehow lost 10/56..... I could hardly believe it.

On the evening of the third day at 0/68 and not chasing too much, I thought England might win, but then somehow lost 10/56..... I could hardly believe it.
I was up early that day and made the mistake of listening on the radio. At first I thought “that’s more like it” and then the wheel came off.
In fact all the wheels. They just want to bat like in white ball cricket and don’t have a clue as to long term tactics and the need to occupy the crease, scoring slowly. Poor Joe was quite emotional when interviewed after the debacle. Top marks to a relentless Aussie team though.

Whilst painful for our cricketers, I'm happy Australia have the Ashes this year, complementing a sterling performance against Novax to bowl him out despite a bit of a sticky wicket. It just wasn't cricket. The better side won on both counts.

Back