As I mean to go on...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncan

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I've started. I'm new. I'm not overly sure.

Looking forward to conversing with enlighted Beeks over the coming years, picking your brains, getting advice.

Same as. Welcome Duncan.

Been here a few days now but looking forward to next year.

I have made contact with a local (about 100yds from my house) BK, so hoping he may be able to let me help him with his hives/bees. ;-)

Welcome.

Grumpy, argumentative, rude, eccentric and knowledgeable but none enlightened.

Hi, pick the bones out of any answers and choose which way is best for you. There are loads of 'methods' of keeping bees and an equal amount of reasons for doing so, experiment and see just which fits your lifestyle
Oh .... And ask before you do! It is easier to change your mind than try and revoke a mistake!
E

:welcome:
Lots of good advice here :)
Not all of it, though :(

Highly valuable resource - where else can you get an answer to a beekeeping question at 2 a.m.?

Also at various times a good mix of "blind leading the blind", "partially sighted leading the blind" and even "blind leading the partially sighted". It wouldn't be half as interesting any other way. Such is beekeeping. All good fun.

:welcome:

Ignore the other posters above.

Such unkind incorrect posts I have yet to read on any other forum.
We're all enlightened here and know what we write about..

In our non beekeeping lives we also keep flying pigs...

Grumpy, argumentative, rude, eccentric and knowledgeable but none enlightened.

Four out of five isn't bad - but I'm still trying on the knowledgeable bit.

Duncan - make contact with one (or more) of your local Associations.
Local pals (or even mentors) are very useful indeed. Sometimes a different pair of eyes sees things that then become obvious.

Four out of five isn't bad - but I'm still trying on the knowledgeable bit.

Duncan - make contact with one (or more) of your local Associations.
Local pals (or even mentors) are very useful indeed. Sometimes a different pair of eyes sees things that then become obvious.

Especially when it comes spotting eggs and unmarked queens. Even marked queens can be hard to find sometimes :)

Also at various times a good mix of "blind leading the blind", "partially sighted leading the blind" and even "blind leading the partially sighted".

And often the blind drunk leading a merry dance!

Welcome

Well, I promise to listen to all.

And more than likely completely ignore the right answers.

If you can recognise the right answers, you'll be a better beekeeper than I am........

Latest posts

Back