Are your bee's still flying ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKF Admin

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I had a hospital appointment yesterday lunchtime and thought I would go to check the hives on the way,I was amazed to see all hives had hundreds of bees flying doing training flights.

Are your bee's still flying?

Just checked the garden temp for today and I had a top temp of 15 degree's @ 12.14pm.

Yep mine have been dodging the rain and flying.:cheers2:

its all in the temps, i am surprised just how many wasps are clinging on even in recent very cold weather

Yes lots of mine flying this morning before the rain came.

Don't know about since, but most were really active on Monday. Lots of pollen going in.

Early starts and late arrivals, to and from work, interfere with observations most weekdays now.

Regards, RAB

still flying in cornwall as well, I was stinking with cold on monday and told not to go into work, SO!!! forced myself to get out of the house and struggled to my adopted hive 15 miles away! They looked wonderful and even though the garden they are in is looking a lot emptier now the bees were still getting pollen from somewhere, came home and found my bees were busy too. Mouse guards are now in place so hope it is all ok for winter. will now try and resist urges to take a peak!

Flying in North Yorks as of yesterday, steady not busy, some some pollen coming in but only moderate amounts, training flights also apparent. R

9 deg C top temp here today but really sunny this morning and so all colonies were flying to some degree and fetching in some pollen - but the strongest of the lot were going nuts.

With the hives in shade until about noon or so there were a few chilled 'dead' bees after they had landed for a rest on the hive roofs. Popped them in a plastic pot with a dab of fondant, brought them indoors for half an hour and they were fit to be released.

I assume there is only Ivy pollen at this stage?

Bright yellow here, thought ivy less vivid - not sure what - but still coming in!

Now 6" lake of rainwater, and the hives marooned again. Waded through to check- all inside cosy-

I've just had a quick look at my nuc at they are flying strong despite it being very grey and a bit drizzly :D

not flying strongly as other but still going, we have many flowers that are coming back into bloom as well as the ivy, my hysslop at the bee shed has sprung back to life which is where most of them are going to as well as all the gardens and canal banks

Our are not flying just at present - but then there is a force 8 gale blowing and the rain is coming down sideways.

But they were pretty active yesterday.

still flyingt here in norfolk, even got some drones flying!!

Went and strapped up the hives today in case these Gales turn out to be bad, this morning it was really mild and some hives had bees out and about, not large numbers, just a trickle.

Latest posts

Back